Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

When do you need dual HPOP's in a 6.0?

23K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  Mdub707 
#1 ·
How many cc's injectors will a stock HPOP push before you need to go to duals? i seen the diesel power challengers running duals. Just wondering how big you have to go before you need them.

#4 ·
I am pretty sure Shawn's are a hybrid type injector and that is why he can maintain them with only a single stock hpop. They are made by Hypermax if I remember right.

#6 ·
03-04 200's are about the max to hold good icp with all the fuel thrown at it (brand dependant)
05+ 225s are about it to hold good icp at full fuel (brand dependant)
And yes i believe Shawns 340s are hybrids from hypermax. I would imagine thow that you will get fuel dilution with hybrids. Never heard him say just my guess since it seems he does not run them on the street?

#10 ·
i have 2 sets of stixs, one set are the hypermax hybrids, and with the stock 05 pump they maintain 4000psi no problem, during the summer i do daily drive the hypermax hybrids, fuel dilution isn't bad, there is a bit, i just got to change the oil every 2500miles no big deal, the other set i have are 225's which have laid down 790hp and the truck ran 11.6@118mph with them, and maintain 3800psi oil pressure with them, this is also with a stock 05 pump, i don't see why guys want more than 225's, they are a big injector if the truck is has the supporting mods. if theres any other info you would like just ask, we are here to help

#13 ·
Well this is interesting cuz I have a set of 190's with big nozzles on them, and my HPOP is just over a year old, and can't maintain enough oil pressure to give me over 1000*F right now...

Or maybe the 64mm turbo from Trusted Performance cleans them up that good......but I don't think the truck should shake the way it does when I roll into it when locked up...

#32 ·
What is considered big nozzles? if you cant get the fuel out of 340s with smaller nozzles whats the point or can you with small nozzles? would say 225-250 with bigger nozzles put down the same fuel as 340, maybe less atomization?

#35 ·
The darn 6.0 injector listings are so confusing because cc's doesn't exactly equal a flow rate... 190cc injectors from two different companies can flow entirely different... I hate how they are advertised like this...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.