The Centaurus Resurrection - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
The Centaurus Resurrection

Well for those who checked out my introduction post know the backround here somewhat those that haven't are welcome to here (ill add link once forum post count allows me to I guess ,)

I have lazily named this truck the Centaurus as its already got a name tag on it and I don't see many around these days, also it just sounds cool.

Truck: 1996 F350 7.3L 5spd manual 2wd CrewCab Longbox Dually with 330k on the ticker, engine claimed to have only 90k miles on it when I purchased it and it does start and run pretty good.

Goal: Fairly powerful yet reliable daily driver/tow pig/farm rig thinking that 4-450hpish range

Mods currently ordered:
-TS6 box tunes
-4" turbo back
-bronco rear tank
-High Pressure oil cross over
-isspro egt, fuel press, trans temp, boost
-ebpv valve controls
-high torque starter
-6637 air filter

Mods currently in design research phases:
-4 corner air suspension
-intercooler
-homemade efuel system

some immediate issues that need addressed:
-rear fuel tank read wayyyyyyy over fuel all the time even empty and i have not tried the tank selector yet but
hopefully the rear tank swap takes care of the gauge issue may have to replace selector valve
-trans is getting pretty loose but drives as is
-not sure if a/c works yet
-if it has a limited slip rear the clutches need rebuilt (Havent even checked if it has it yet) axle code D5 if that
means anything

wish lists:
-alcoa polish
-sand and re-clear if possible or repaint to original colors (some clear coat peel going on)
- interior repair/replace of everything keeping original to centurion as possible
- ofcource injectors turbos ect ect as time goes on
- 4x4 conversion

Current mods ("additions") I have done:
- group 31 thread post battery conversion
- some francis fiberglass whips (trying to eliminate the rigged up am/fm antenna and better CB range not really a
mod i know haha)
- chrome headache rack (again not really a mod but something i added)
- cooper starfire sf510 on the rear (not happy about it but it NEEDED tires to even drive it home and its what i
could find in correct size and have mounted on a sunday morning and surprisingly they hook pretty good in
snow)

I will be adding and modding these lists as time goes on and always looking for suggestions on a better way to do things. I was getting pretty comfortable in my Cummins game so decided to shake it up and learn something new, some stuff crosses over others do not, ill definitely post some pictures of the beast as i got and when i get a chance to take some the salesman pictures were pretty crappy and we haven't had decent enough weather yet to get a good photo op.

1996 F350 7.3L 5spd 2wd CrewCab Dually Centaurus
TS6 BoxTuning l ISSPRO EV2 Fuel, EGT, Trans, Pyro l High Pressure Oil Crossover l BB Mod 70psi l FastCoolers w/ 9 qts Mercon V l 3"DP to 4" Dual Exhaust l EBPV Control l 33Gal Rear Tank mod l more to come.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 01:41 PM
alleged moderator

Re: The Centaurus Resurrection

D-5 is limited slip sterling 10.25 axle with 4.10 gear ratio.
95 Centurion and dodgetruck2 like this.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 03:03 PM
Native Texan

Garage

Sounds like going be one heck of a project. Keep us updated and full of pics. I'm starting year 3 of my ongoing project.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.
dodgetruck2 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

just a Q&A here, i was prepaing my self to install the TS6 and looking around under the dash, to the right I found black module stamped FORD its about 2" square and has maybe 6-7 pins coming out of it and the connector is unplugged. Any ideas what it is? I ran out of time but ill go grab the part# when i get a chance and try some google searching

TS6 BoxTuning l ISSPRO EV2 Fuel, EGT, Trans, Pyro l High Pressure Oil Crossover l BB Mod 70psi l FastCoolers w/ 9 qts Mercon V l 3"DP to 4" Dual Exhaust l EBPV Control l 33Gal Rear Tank mod l more to come.....
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 02:26 PM
alleged moderator

a picture of the offending part is your best friend.
but my guess is going to be key in ignition and door open chime.
dodgetruck2 likes this.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 02:27 PM
Native Texan

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgetruck2 View Post
just a Q&A here, i was prepaing my self to install the TS6 and looking around under the dash, to the right I found black module stamped FORD its about 2" square and has maybe 6-7 pins coming out of it and the connector is unplugged. Any ideas what it is? I ran out of time but ill go grab the part# when i get a chance and try some google searching
Might be the chime module. I think mine might be unplugged to.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.
dodgetruck2 likes this.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 02:39 PM

Steps to install a ts6:
1) return for refund.
2) buy the hydra or dp tuner.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

I grabbed a couple pictures here on break, and thanks for the opinion but didn't want to spend the extra money right now just looking to wake it up a lil and have the high idle function, dont want to poor the coals to it till i get the fuel system and intercooler done up

heres those pictures

IMG_20190214_094859688.jpg

IMG_20190214_094907545.jpg

IMG_20190214_094910541_HDR.jpg

post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Are we not allowed to edit posts?

After a quick google search of the part# it did come up has the seat belt/door chime

post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 03:32 PM

The hydra is $300 and the ts6 is $200. The hydra comes with a whole library full of free tunes. The ts6 is outdated and lots of tuners wont burn them anymore. Plus with the hydra they sell a library of full custom tunes for $150 extra so if you upgrade injectors you can just change a tune.
HilhavenFarm likes this.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in