The Centaurus Resurrection - Page 6 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Re: The Centaurus Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I am pretty sure that should work...or the plug where the check valve is. Withe one should be fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I took a couple minutes and installed the sensor in that location, im only reading about 20psi hopefully its not a good place to take a reading or i have issues, ive been prepairing an efuel setup but not quite ready yet

1996 F350 7.3L 5spd 2wd CrewCab Dually Centaurus
TS6 BoxTuning l ISSPRO EV2 Fuel, EGT, Trans, Pyro l High Pressure Oil Crossover l BB Mod 70psi l FastCoolers w/ 9 qts Mercon V l 3"DP to 4" Dual Exhaust l EBPV Control l 33Gal Rear Tank mod l more to come.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Was bored tonight with this nice evening i took upon myself to investigate the conversion parts a little bit, sadly i think the "mood light" down the middle is burned up, have to look into some led strips to replace it or something like that, when removing the control panel i found a couple crimps had come loose on the connector and iw as optimistic this would fix the issues but sadly it did not, it did fix the map lights but the mood light still do not work

I chased the coax through the truck and found they're actually piggy backing the cb and am/fm antenna so glad i didnt hook my expensive cb up to it yet im afraid that might burn it up, always was kind of a hokey looking antenna at best, found the connection behind the glove box so i can tie back in there and hook the am/fm back the way it should be, though it hasnt been working to bad, probably try and see if i can get the pins out and re crimp them and dab a little solder on em so they don't come apart again, going to have to cut the opening bigger to to fit my big radio in there, also trying to figure out this little box on the control panel near as i can tell its suppose to control the back lighting for the panel, not sur eif its a resistor or what exactly

BBslider001 likes this.

TS6 BoxTuning l ISSPRO EV2 Fuel, EGT, Trans, Pyro l High Pressure Oil Crossover l BB Mod 70psi l FastCoolers w/ 9 qts Mercon V l 3"DP to 4" Dual Exhaust l EBPV Control l 33Gal Rear Tank mod l more to come.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #53 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

had a couple extra minutes at work this morning so i tackled the panel repair quick was super easy, paper clip could release the pins pulled em out opened up the crimp and recrimped the wire, dabbed some solder on for good measure and stuck the pins back in, might double check the crimps on the rest of em just to be safe, probably wont solder though as they seem like poor quality pins they didn't take the heat as well as i wouldve liked but they did lock back into place so should be good to go

post #54 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Was bored the other night and it was nice out decided to hook up to the camper and tow it back up towards the house and get it plugged in and charged up and kick the fan on in case it leaked some over the winter though it doesn't appear to have leaked at all

also finished up with my control panel it appears it is supposed to be backlit and my best guess is the little box is some sort of voltage knock down for what appears to be a circuit board doing the back lighting, i get 450k ohms going into it from the panel side and the panel has 75ohms not sure a good reading for these so who knows where the issue might be thought i struck cold on the back side though the power wires coming from the plug to the black box had high resistance so i popped them apart and measure individually, found the black wire was the cause of high resistance, pulled the pin on the connector to check for a bad crimp found whoever crimped it crimped the insulation not the wire....... i fiddle with it some to pull it apart and decided it wasn't worth damaging the pin if its crimped that good just melted some solder in there and solved the high resistance but sadly after plugging it into the truck still no back light so the chase continues, i have not verified voltage on the chassis side either so could be an issue there yet

BBslider001 likes this.

post #55 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 05:13 PM
Native Californian

It's getting there. Keep after it. I know the OBS guys would LOVE this build on the FTE forum.

dodgetruck2 likes this.

Byron
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
1997 F-350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 PSD, Heavily Modded SOLD
1995 F-350 CCLB SRW, ZF 5-Speed, 4x4, Stock, SOLD
1997 F-250 SC Flatbed, ZF 5-Speed, Stock, SOLD
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers
post #56 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 06:35 AM
PSN Veteran

I know I'm enjoying it here!! Thanks for sharing. Sure glad to see you taking the time to fix all the little stuff too, that old truck probably thinks it died and went to Heaven!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
BBslider001 and dodgetruck2 like this.
post #57 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Dove into finishing my gauges this afternoon decided to go ahead and do the trans coolers probably wasn't a bad idea either, fluid didn't look the most amazing ever, pretty decent clearance around everything, im not sure the proper fluid level for these things I thought i read 4qts? sure doesnt seem like much, the coolers add about 1qt each so i started with six and i could seen anything through the top so i added 3 more then i could see the fluid level creeping up the gears, filled everything through the top, also while doing this i discovered my reverse light switch was unplugged connector all corroded so looks like ill probably order a new pig tail and switch

drilled and tapped the intake y for boost and drivers side manifold for EGT pretty simple jobs, yes I know the engine bay still needs cleaned up waiting till i get everything done so i dont have to do it twice

and i switched the fuel pressure sender over to the test port location, now im reading 45psi at idle and 35 running at 65, so looks like i need a fuel pump or maybe a regulator

was suprised trans temp go to 180*F just driving home 15-20miles and its only 35*F outside today

also had to throw my driver mudflap on again yards been kinda soft with the thaw backed up in a rut and ripped it off

post #58 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Also while rolling around i discovered my water pump is dripping so add that to list, its actually somewhat of a relief i've been smelling coolant but not seeing anything, and i've added about a gallon since i bought the truck, i was worried bout head gaskets or injector cups, and ofcource my marvelous power steering leak and it does appear maybe the oil cooler is added to the mix, probably get those ordered too

post #59 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Well I played around with the regulator this morning, I was thinking it's just a spring it either needs a shim or stretched, well after getting on the interwebs I discovered this is already a thing, so I set out to do what is know the BB mod, of course now that I need them the little BB tube is no where to be found so I settled for some steel shot out of a shot gun shell, of course they're smaller so I cut the head off a screw that fit in the hole and in the spring and drop in one shot to start with, in total this gave me around an 1/8" of shim which is slightly larger then a BB but I was running down to the 35psi range I figured it needed some extra help

All back together it's now running just shy of 70psi at idle cruising 60-65, hard WOT pulls I can get it down to 50 but barely so I think we should be good to go until the efuel is ready, truck runs way better, sounds better get about 20psi out if it now
BBslider001 likes this.

post #60 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Native Californian

Best thing for the transmission is to try to add five quarts by adding an extra quarts through the shift tower in the floor. That's what most of us do. Or you can park it on an incline leaning away from you and put an extra quart in that way through the fill hole.

Nice work on the fuel system. Low fuel pressure is bad for the injectors,....that's why I probably sounds so much better.

Byron
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
1997 F-350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 PSD, Heavily Modded SOLD
1995 F-350 CCLB SRW, ZF 5-Speed, 4x4, Stock, SOLD
1997 F-250 SC Flatbed, ZF 5-Speed, Stock, SOLD
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in