The Centaurus Resurrection - Page 5 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Re: The Centaurus Resurrection

Got a few minutes to work on the truck today, decided to stuff the new doors seals in, must been doing something now takes some effort to get the doors to fully latch probably need to adjust the striker plates now, I ordered two of these door seal kits, they come each with 2 rolls of material, one roll is about perfect to do one door, just used a tin shears to cut to the correct length. I didn't get to in depth installing these, I removed the screws i could and removed the a pillar covers, the overhead liner pieces and it gave me enough freedom to pull back the rear pillar covers far enough to stuff the seal in and of course the kick floor board covers only half the screws came out but I was able to get enough room to stuff the seal in there too.

Also I ordered new wiper seals for the windows, for some reason they only offered them for the front windows, luckily my rear window seals are in pretty good shape, im not sure why just the fronts were rotted and gone

BBslider001 likes this.

1996 F350 7.3L 5spd 2wd CrewCab Dually Centaurus
TS6 BoxTuning l ISSPRO EV2 Fuel, EGT, Trans, Pyro l High Pressure Oil Crossover l BB Mod 70psi l FastCoolers w/ 9 qts Mercon V l 3"DP to 4" Dual Exhaust l EBPV Control l 33Gal Rear Tank mod l more to come.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Well looks like i need to invest in some band clamps i thought id give these ubolt style a chance but my exhaust is just moving all over heck and i cant rattle them clamps any tighter, its actually shifted around and cut my speed sensor wiring yesterday, I have had to do this on every other system ive owned why did i expect this one to be any different

TS6 BoxTuning l ISSPRO EV2 Fuel, EGT, Trans, Pyro l High Pressure Oil Crossover l BB Mod 70psi l FastCoolers w/ 9 qts Mercon V l 3"DP to 4" Dual Exhaust l EBPV Control l 33Gal Rear Tank mod l more to come.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Got a little more done this weekend got some new clamps and the exhaust buttoned up better and got my 45* turnouts on finally, idk what ricer pot head designs exhaust, why is it so hard to find exhausts with side exits thy all angle out, does really no one tow with a diesel anymore? Also added some mudflaps finally and looks like i need to get another set to put up inside the fender, still throwing stuff up over the back and right onto my tips they're impossible to keep clean....

also got my high pressure oil crossover installed so far no noticeable difference but I guess its one of those more unneeded mods. i know the under hood is a little hacked its on the to do list from previous owners mechanical work swapping the engine

post #44 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 02:13 PM
Native Californian

That firewall is filthy. Is that from the previous engine swap? Maybe check your uppies and make sure they are not leaking. It almost looks like oil sprayed on it. And yeah, those HP crossovers are not necessary. If you change or reseal the HPOP, take out the two check valves.....does the same thing but a little better. Keep an eye on that crossover line for leaks. My one time I did it, it never stopped oozing from the heads. I took it off and gave it away.

Byron
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
1997 F-350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 PSD, Heavily Modded SOLD
1995 F-350 CCLB SRW, ZF 5-Speed, 4x4, Stock, SOLD
1997 F-250 SC Flatbed, ZF 5-Speed, Stock, SOLD
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers
post #45 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
That firewall is filthy. Is that from the previous engine swap? Maybe check your uppies and make sure they are not leaking. It almost looks like oil sprayed on it. And yeah, those HP crossovers are not necessary. If you change or reseal the HPOP, take out the two check valves.....does the same thing but a little better. Keep an eye on that crossover line for leaks. My one time I did it, it never stopped oozing from the heads. I took it off and gave it away.
Im still trying to decide whats going on there, i need to wash it all off now and start fresh its been greasy since day one for me, i did have a pretty significant fuel leak from the filter minder sensor which i eliminated, all that fuel blowing back orginally had me convinced my turbo seals were pushing oil since thats where it pooled and dripped off the Y boot but since that delete i have no longer noticed a drip from the turbo, truck is surprisingly pretty drip free for a 7.3, power steering pump leaks which sounds like a common issue, ive been putting it off as i read there is a better pump swap out there just haven't researched it much or sourced out parts for the conversion, saginaw pump i think is what i read about

https://www.offroadxtreme.com/engine...-fix-and-more/
BBslider001 likes this.

post #46 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:05 AM
sooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgetruck2 View Post
Well looks like i need to invest in some band clamps i thought id give these ubolt style a chance but my exhaust is just moving all over heck and i cant rattle them clamps any tighter, its actually shifted around and cut my speed sensor wiring yesterday, I have had to do this on every other system ive owned why did i expect this one to be any different
A trick I learned is when you get the exhaust positioned where you want it, take a 1/8 or 3/16 drill bit and drill a hole in the overlapping joints. Fire a pop rivet in and your exhaust will stay put. If you ever have to change something, that same drill bit removed the rivet in less than 30 seconds. It's the only way I've ever gotten duals to match and actually stay that way. Even better if you use band clamps and go thru them as well.
post #47 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 03:59 AM
Native Californian

Quote:
Im still trying to decide whats going on there, i need to wash it all off now and start fresh its been greasy since day one for me, i did have a pretty significant fuel leak from the filter minder sensor which i eliminated, all that fuel blowing back orginally had me convinced my turbo seals were pushing oil since thats where it pooled and dripped off the Y boot but since that delete i have no longer noticed a drip from the turbo, truck is surprisingly pretty drip free for a 7.3, power steering pump leaks which sounds like a common issue, ive been putting it off as i read there is a better pump swap out there just haven't researched it much or sourced out parts for the conversion, saginaw pump i think is what i read about

https://www.offroadxtreme.com/engine...-fix-and-more/
The easiest thing to do, and what I've done in the past, is just take a can of brake cleaner and start spraying all that firewall. It's just metal heat shield material and it will clean right off and then you can sort of start from there and see if you do have any leaks. Nice work so far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Byron
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
post #48 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Got my gauge pillar painted and installed today, ISSPRO EV2 gauges, probably add a column mount yet for HPOP or something not sure, I didnt hook anything up yet as I didnt have a fitting to tie in the boost sensor, not sure my plans yet with the tranny but it for sure needs and output seal if not rebuilt also didnt want to drain and fill just to do it again in a couple months, same with the trans coolers, egt i just didnt feel like doing same with fuel pressure but they are installed and programmed just need hooked up so thats half the battle

also got my EBPV switch installed and partially wired, i could not find the wire mentioned in the article for the high mount stop light but i do have the constant power hooked up so thats better then nothing just have to run a second wire when i get a chance

wish i could get more done on this thing as i have decided to quit my mechanic job, my last day is this coming friday which means ill be loosing access to alot of awesome tools but im sick of the BS at the shop and full time farming is the end goal for me anyway and i gotta start someday so we're going to see how it goes

post #49 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

I did wonder, being as i deleted my filter life sensor and thats already 1/8th NPT if that is a suitable place to read fuel pressure from

post #50 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 03:39 AM
Native Californian

Quote:
I did wonder, being as i deleted my filter life sensor and thats already 1/8th NPT if that is a suitable place to read fuel pressure from
I am pretty sure that should work...or the plug where the check valve is. Withe one should be fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
dodgetruck2 likes this.

Byron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode