The Centaurus Resurrection - Page 4 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Re: The Centaurus Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavydoc View Post
I used the F26E fuel tank in my 96 which gave me 38 gallons in the rear tank.

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.
Yea i had some confusion on tanks i finally just picked something and ordered it 33? gal is way better then 17 or whatever these are now, I heard people running into different size sender holes and then someone said ALL broncos had the same tank not sure where the facts and fiction split but this will do just fine for me might keep it in the back of my head and order one down the road if i feel fit.

1996 F350 7.3L 5spd 2wd CrewCab Dually Centaurus
TS6 BoxTuning l ISSPRO EV2 Fuel, EGT, Trans, Pyro l High Pressure Oil Crossover l BB Mod 70psi l FastCoolers w/ 9 qts Mercon V l 3"DP to 4" Dual Exhaust l EBPV Control l 33Gal Rear Tank mod l more to come.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Ordered some weather stripping for all the doors and the front side window wiper seals could not locate wiper seals for rear windows? hopefully can score some decent ones at a junk yard or something that at least aren't as cracked out as mine, also ordered my 6637 air filter, need to build a box for it, looking to order new headlights, bezels and front grill trying to decide on something different and aftermarket or stick with the OEM look

TS6 BoxTuning l ISSPRO EV2 Fuel, EGT, Trans, Pyro l High Pressure Oil Crossover l BB Mod 70psi l FastCoolers w/ 9 qts Mercon V l 3"DP to 4" Dual Exhaust l EBPV Control l 33Gal Rear Tank mod l more to come.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Exhaust tips, starter, and high pressure oil crossover showed up last night, exhaust supposed to be delivered tomorrow, have to say CPAddict not ranking very high on my buy from again list right now..... ordered last Monday (2-11) got notice in about 2 hours that my order was awaiting shipment, then didn't hear anything until Wednesday (2-13) they call and tell me the exhaust pricing was screwed up on the site, i had to pay an extra 40$, I had researched pricing some and that still left their exhaust at a competitive price so I just paid it vs arguing but if your site screwed up not my fault, you should just honor that pricing.... got notice Wednesday (2-13) that some parts had shipped, then Friday (2-15) I got notice all orders had been completed not just awaiting awaiting delivery

post #34 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Native Californian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgetruck2 View Post
Exhaust tips, starter, and high pressure oil crossover showed up last night, exhaust supposed to be delivered tomorrow, have to say CPAddict not ranking very high on my buy from again list right now..... ordered last Monday (2-11) got notice in about 2 hours that my order was awaiting shipment, then didn't hear anything until Wednesday (2-13) they call and tell me the exhaust pricing was screwed up on the site, i had to pay an extra 40$, I had researched pricing some and that still left their exhaust at a competitive price so I just paid it vs arguing but if your site screwed up not my fault, you should just honor that pricing.... got notice Wednesday (2-13) that some parts had shipped, then Friday (2-15) I got notice all orders had been completed not just awaiting awaiting delivery
I have had a few vendors pull this horse chit price change on me as of late. I'm beginning to think it's a way to get people to buy something and then let them know "oh whoops the price is wrong we screwed up" and then at that point the person is willing to pay the extra money just to get the order done. From this point forward I'm going to call people out and cancel my order if they do that to me. It's absolute bullchit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Byron
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
1997 F-350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 PSD, Heavily Modded SOLD
1995 F-350 CCLB SRW, ZF 5-Speed, 4x4, Stock, SOLD
1997 F-250 SC Flatbed, ZF 5-Speed, Stock, SOLD
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers
post #35 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Well exhaust showed up today, sucks I have to wait over a week to install all these goodies I have waiting , kinda getting everything figured out for my efuel I think, just need some extra money to start ordering parts

post #36 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

bunch of goodies arrived while i was gone, door seals tranny coolers, ect, hopefully get to the fuel tank exhaust and gauges this weekend, thinking im going to have to order a pod my guy flaked out on that which is weird, i got the gauges

anyone know if you can get a tan pillar pod for these obs truck, otherwise my interior trim code is 5k4, ill just order some paint and a black one, from what i can find it looks like mocca?
BBslider001 likes this.

post #37 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:54 PM
Native Californian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgetruck2 View Post
bunch of goodies arrived while i was gone, door seals tranny coolers, ect, hopefully get to the fuel tank exhaust and gauges this weekend, thinking im going to have to order a pod my guy flaked out on that which is weird, i got the gauges

anyone know if you can get a tan pillar pod for these obs truck, otherwise my interior trim code is 5k4, ill just order some paint and a black one, from what i can find it looks like mocca?
I think they only come in black from what know. Most usually just paint them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
dodgetruck2 likes this.

Byron
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
1997 F-350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 PSD, Heavily Modded SOLD
1995 F-350 CCLB SRW, ZF 5-Speed, 4x4, Stock, SOLD
1997 F-250 SC Flatbed, ZF 5-Speed, Stock, SOLD
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers
post #38 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Yea i just bit the bullet and ordered a black one, id rather have a painted one then nothing at all and after some searching around i found most people with the 5k4 trim code have been using med prairie tan and say its a good match so i ordered a can of that

i was finding tan ones for SD trucks so i thought maybe there was a chance

trying to decide the best order of operations, id like my front tank working before i drop the rear just incase i run into some issues, right now seems i can only get about a gallon or so out of it before the trucks starts huffing and eventually stalls, ive treated it with 911 and some straight warm #1 doesnt seem to matter so i dont think its gel or ice must be some debris in the tank or a cracked stand pipe

post #39 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Well finally got some time to work on the truck this weekend in the shop, spent close to 12 hours at it.

Step one was removing the box, everyone said this would be a night mare, all the bolts came out lifted up no issues.

then had to get after cutting out this curt POS of a hitch, whoever invented these needs to nutted

I must have missed a step here in the photos but after grinding out the hitch and smoothing of the welds I went about installing the B&W i picked up used, now it ended up being for a model without overloads so i have to got the work of chopping the end off the side plates, which it does actually off this step in the manual from B&W for using this side rail kit, otherwise you get the overload design which is the same thing basically. Also with that modification you are going to have to drill a hole in frame regardless of which kit you get, this step is also in the manual. I took the liberty of drilling second set of holes, cant be to secure and the holes were already existing in the side plates so why not

But anyway after that i set out on the tank project, old tank removed not much issue there

After getting the rear tank removed I decides to diagnose my fuel gauge and have some answers as to whats going on, much to my surprise the front tank was bone dry, i stroked the arm by hand an by golly the gauge followed. After two attempts to fill and not getting over a gallon both times I had assumed it was full and i had other issues. Upon first investigation I found the inner liner of the fill neck had come off causing the handle to false set. I thought id just go ahead and rip those nasty things out, after try to fill i realized that definitely is not a possibility so I spent today fishing those back in, that was a PITA but atleast i didnt have to take the box off again

post #40 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

I then set out to the fuel tank project, I had a couple speed bumps but nothing terrible, I cut the sending unit pf the rest of the way and then extended it straight downward with 3/8 steel line. I got lucky on the cut it hit the bottom of the tank just as it seals i notched it some and put in in. One issue I had here was it was not to long to monkey the sending unit on with the float attached so I had to take the float arm off and install that inside the tank partially then sealed her up. Here come my first road block now, I didn't get the correct tank straps, I over came this by running to the hardware store and picking up some 8" long bolts not a prefect solution but It should get me by until I get the correct tank straps. This still hoever left the tank sitting just a little to high, being the tank is narrower then the stock tank i took the straps to the vice and about 7" down from the hole I bent the strap maybe 20* this gave me the clearance I felt i needed. once i had the tank secure I had to wire it up. Heres the second road block, the bronco sender has threaded studs, I assume for a open ended socket time connection that would slip over. I didnt have the right ones but I found something I think will work ok for me. I fileld them with dielectric grease and then crimped them after installed I gentle tug didn't budge them.

After that was all finalized I swapped out my starter, the one i had would randomly click no crank an I've read great things about this amazon starter so I ordered it. After installing it I can understand why, OEM starters a straight drive, this amazon one is a gear reduction, Ford really missed the band wagon on that one, boy does this old girl crank over now, starter is 100% direct bolt in, you do eliminate one bolt because of the gear reduction there's no access to install it and its cast over

last but not least that I got to is my exhaust, I ordered the 4" TB Diamond eye dual exit with muffler, Im glad i ordered this before my fuel tank as my buddy has this system on his truck and i was convinced I wouldnt have room for it with my tank, the tank was priority over the exhaust thats why I installed that first, but after getting it together definitely could have gone easier without it installed. Luckily my truck already had a 3" down pipe so i opted to leave that installed for now, rest of the exhaust went in pretty decent, there is some tight clearance issues in the rear that need addressed but after seeing how everything fit and with my intents of a 4x4 SAS I think a 4" lift block in the rear will really open up some room there and pair well with the room ill need in from for an axle. I still need to pick up some elbows as the exit angle is hideous on these systems probably try a 30* angle, and ill post some finally exhaust pics at that time

Yes that is chain, Ive had issues in the past with these dual exhausts tearing the rubber isolators, also the truck was missing half of them already so i didn't have enough to finish it, ill get it taken care of eventually, also hangs a little low like this, as i mentioned early i had trouble filling so im not currently aware how much total capacity I have now but the tank i believe is a 33 gallon

I ordered the wrong pillar pod i got a 3 instead of a 4 so now waiting for that i cna continue on with my gauges and other mods, really wanting to get the EBVP hooked up to a switch
BBslider001 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in