The Centaurus Resurrection - Page 3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Re: The Centaurus Resurrection

Whats the most cost effective way to rebuild the limited slip? Ive looked at air lockers and such, or something as simple as a detroit trutrac or lock rite?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/d...hoCEYIQAvD_BwE

I want something a little more reliable then the factory limited slip but im sure just a new clutch pack would be the most cost effective

I'm not familiar with these yet I know in my dodges particularly the D80 hybrid rear they stacked the clutches to be rather weak friction friction steel steel friction friction steel steel ect. gave it alot of manners on the street but not alot of traction when it was needed, I would restack them so they bit better but then turning and loaded especially i feel like it burned them up alot faster also

1996 F350 7.3L 5spd 2wd CrewCab Dually Centaurus
TS6 BoxTuning l ISSPRO EV2 Fuel, EGT, Trans, Pyro l High Pressure Oil Crossover l BB Mod 70psi l FastCoolers w/ 9 qts Mercon V l 3"DP to 4" Dual Exhaust l EBPV Control l 33Gal Rear Tank mod l more to come.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 07:58 PM
alleged moderator

the "limited slip" is not much better than an open diff.
see if you can find an electronic locker.
i really like the one in my 14, 99% of the time i just pop the locker in and get out of the slick. no need for 4X4.
dodgetruck2 likes this.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Well friday afternoon was surprised by the fact that i had to work today so didnt get much done was able to get the TS switch mounted, repaired a leaking filter minder (ithink sensor) by removing it and plugging the hole

while i had it off i discovered a toggle switch hanging out behind the dash i followed the wiring down into the frame and found it was spliced into some wiring in the frame rail cut it out and tied the wires back where they were supposed to be and found my fuel gauge works now, sort of, now its stuck on empty instead of full haha i topped of the tanks and front is stuck on empty still but the rear came up to around 1/4 tank so progress haha probably sender issue now I'm thinking ill find out when i get my new rear tank installed

as long as i was under there i followed the other suspicious wiring from the door and maybe you guys can help shed some light on what exactly it was more. They had it scotch locked to a black greyish wire with a white tracer in the door switch and ran up to this toggle then from the toggle it ran down to the frame and tied into an orange wire. I cut out the switch wire and reconnected the orange to its orange partner that has been left disconnected. no change as far as anything else that i can tell

also got a chance to wash it up, i know the roof is still in tough shape but the rest of the truck actually washed up pretty good aside from a little clear coat peel i think this summer some elbow grease and compound could put a gloss back on the old girl

IMG_20190216_174316566.jpg

IMG_20190216_174334845_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190216_174349276.jpg

IMG_20190216_174359645_HDR.jpg
BBslider001 likes this.

TS6 BoxTuning l ISSPRO EV2 Fuel, EGT, Trans, Pyro l High Pressure Oil Crossover l BB Mod 70psi l FastCoolers w/ 9 qts Mercon V l 3"DP to 4" Dual Exhaust l EBPV Control l 33Gal Rear Tank mod l more to come.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Took a peek over my fuel tank and stuff this afternoon opened everything up to get an idea for the parts ill need, what I order was a "kit" from rockauto (part# KIT0354 for 89 351 bronco i searched under) so i wouldn't be guessing on the pump/sending unit side i knew the sending unit assembly would fit the tank and the rest i could work around. I unboxed it all much to my surprise it wasn't near what I was expecting. The pump was rather compact and the return just dumps at the top of the tube with a little nipple/baffle.

I clipped the red and black wires for the pump, removed the squeeze clamp on the fuel line and loosened the two clamps holding the pump and pulled it off, might cut the bracket off later but its no bothering anything at the moment. The hose is 5/16" so just need some hard line to extend that to the bottom, I was debating installing a small well to help with low fuel conditions but I decided with separate fuel tanks one being over 30 gallons I have no excuse for being that low on fuel haha

some more measuring i found the filler neck nipple is 2 1/4" versus what i could measure on the truck appears to be only 2" so ill need to build that adapter yet also, or find a 2 1/4" filler neck

last but not least it appears the roller valve is 1.3" or 33mm? not sure on the hole in the stock tank so i guess that'll be one surprise when i get that far unless i order one for the bronco and go with it

currently im fighting some issue with my front tank either its got water in it or crappy stand pipe truck sputters and dies in this cold weather, hopefully can get a couple warm days and get it cleaned out or ill have to drop it first, it does need a sending unit now anyway I think, hate to drop the rear tank till i know i can depend on the front one, though if i have the parts lined up i think itll be a short afternoon swap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190217_150719637.jpg (18.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190217_151924103_HDR.jpg (12.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190217_151440645.jpg (11.6 KB, 8 views)
BBslider001 likes this.

post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 10:51 PM
don't play well w others

You do know, 89 gas tank pump is a lift pump, not a pressure pump, right?

That is the last year for the 3 pump system for gas. 90 was first year fof high pressure pump In the tank
Also, there is no check valve on that set up to keep the fuel from returning into that tank if being pumped from the other tank

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Charlie
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool like TJC Transport."
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 11:00 PM
alleged moderator

he is playing with a 96 diesel Charlie.
converting a bronco 33 gallon gas tank to work in place of the rear diesel tank.
part of the modification is replacing the in tank e-pump with a piece of hose and strainer foot.
dodgetruck2 likes this.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjctransport View Post
he is playing with a 96 diesel Charlie.
converting a bronco 33 gallon gas tank to work in place of the rear diesel tank.
part of the modification is replacing the in tank e-pump with a piece of hose and strainer foot.
Ok thanks, he had me worried for a bit I had never read anything along those lines of what the swap involved

just a side note also after some reasearch it appears most everything in the lates 80s through early 90s used the same roll over valve so hopefully the seal isn't dry rotted and i can just pop it on over, probably be a week for i get much time to work on it this week and taking off for a vacation on Thursday so ill be gone through monday, no weekend play time for me

post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 11:19 PM
Native Californian

Nice work! Anxious to see where you go with it. We are here to help! I had this same truck a few years back. if it wasn't an automatic and two-wheel drive, I would have kept it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
dodgetruck2 likes this.

Byron
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
1997 F-350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 PSD, Heavily Modded SOLD
1995 F-350 CCLB SRW, ZF 5-Speed, 4x4, Stock, SOLD
1997 F-250 SC Flatbed, ZF 5-Speed, Stock, SOLD
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers
post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 11:31 PM
PSN intsigator

I used the F26E fuel tank in my 96 which gave me 38 gallons in the rear tank.

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.
dodgetruck2 likes this.

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 12:34 AM
don't play well w others

Roll over valve stays the same all Ford tanks 80-97

Sorry for confusion. After Tom pointed out what going on I researched, and see the gas lift pump is exactly what you want.

Not sure where to get a set of the recall check valves, but that would be a good thing to have on there.
I'll do some research

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
dodgetruck2 likes this.

Charlie
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool like TJC Transport."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode