Project Shamu Build - Page 138 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 492Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1371 of 1397 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 07:35 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Project Shamu Build

Looking forward to seeing the new welder!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1372 of 1397 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 10:27 AM
PSN intsigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Dan View Post
I have a lot of talk and ideas, but knowing me, it'll never happen lol.

I did put in an order for a new Welder today. I ordered a brand new Multimatic 220, an actual multiprocess machine. TIG,MIG, and Stick welder! Can't wait till it comes!
I've got one, I think its a 200 though, mines a suitcase type. I'll get a pick after daylight gets turned on

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1373 of 1397 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 05:01 PM
Native Californian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Truck-Nut97 View Post
Looking good! I sure like the way that came out with the color breaks. Gives it a nice pop.

Been reading along, you've sure put a lot of effort into Shamu to give up and go Super Duty. Heck, isn't it almost a super duty underneath anyway??

And it really rips at the heart strings to think about taking it apart to graft into another truck. Maybe sell it to one of the guys at the dunes??? Shamu deserves to live!!!!

Personal opinion, I've driven several super dutys, all over the country, overloaded most of the time, and was not dissatisfied. However, no way would I loose my OBS to one. An OBS feels like a truck, not a 6 ton poodle with running lights. Not to offend anyone, it's a personal opinion.

Yup, always personal preference. Sold my 4th OBS, bought my current SD and asked myself what took me so damn long. Superior in every way. Sure, less character, but I give zero f**** about character when having to work on one or sit in the side of the road with an inferior transmission, brakes, etc.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Byron
WE THE PEOPLE...shall not be infringed
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
MANY other 7.3s that have come and gone
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers

post #1374 of 1397 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 05:19 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Yup, always personal preference. Sold my 4th OBS, bought my current SD and asked myself what took me so damn long. Superior in every way. Sure, less character, but I give zero f**** about character when having to work on one or sit in the side of the road with an inferior transmission, brakes, etc.....

And I'm sure experience plays a part. You've obviously had poor OBS experiences. The last super duty I drove had the engine out multiple times, before 100k. I didn't own it, but I do remember it!

post #1375 of 1397 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Project Shamu

Yeah but I would rather pull the engine out of a SD 4 times than out of my OBS twice (which I've done, the first time for a motor rebuild, the second time because of the machine shop, not because of a mechanical problem)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 380,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more
post #1376 of 1397 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 08:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Then the Super Duty idea makes sense!

I still feel Shamu deserves to live though, don't make me dig up a bunch of "save the whale" propaganda to put in here lol.

Dustybumpers likes this.
post #1377 of 1397 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 02:22 AM
Native Californian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Truck-Nut97 View Post
And I'm sure experience plays a part. You've obviously had poor OBS experiences. The last super duty I drove had the engine out multiple times, before 100k. I didn't own it, but I do remember it!

Had sowm good ones too. It's all about what's more comfortable and what's easiest to work on. If it was a hobby truck for pulling a horse trailer or R on weekends, sure, an OBS is fine. But for me, driving daily and REALLY working it on the ranch and towing just about every day? SD all day.

Anyhoo, back to Dan's truck....which is FRICKIN awesome.

Blue-Truck-Nut97 likes this.

Byron
WE THE PEOPLE...shall not be infringed
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
MANY other 7.3s that have come and gone
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers
post #1378 of 1397 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Project Shamu

Old Shamu had a little hiccup today. After I fixed a super tiny oil leak from the hpop inspection plate (I'm a little anal about leaks), on the way home I came up to a stop, and the truck just shut off??? It stumbled for maybe a half a second, and then was off. I was able to throw it in neutral and it fired back up with no issue, drove it all the way home just fine. But it just worries me because I have 2 trips planned to the desert, once on the 13th and once for new years. I hope everything is okay.

Any ideas?

1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 380,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more
post #1379 of 1397 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 03:38 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Dan View Post
Old Shamu had a little hiccup today. After I fixed a super tiny oil leak from the hpop inspection plate (I'm a little anal about leaks), on the way home I came up to a stop, and the truck just shut off??? It stumbled for maybe a half a second, and then was off. I was able to throw it in neutral and it fired back up with no issue, drove it all the way home just fine. But it just worries me because I have 2 trips planned to the desert, once on the 13th and once for new years. I hope everything is okay.

Any ideas?

Check for any codes , cam sensor ? Could be her getting upset by all this pooperduty talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blue-Truck-Nut97 likes this.
post #1380 of 1397 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 03:39 AM
PSN Veteran

Just a wild guess, loose wire on the fuel pump? Had an ambulance play that game with me once. Can't remember if you have a gauge for fuel PSI.

longjonsilver likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode