95 F350 Rebuild - Page 150 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1491 of 1562 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Native Texan

Garage
Re: 95 F350 Rebuild

Don't remember if it slow in shop today I will find out. If I going mod them then I will just use my 350 springs. Only reason for using 450 springs is the are a lot newer then my 350 spring. And they are already bolted to the axle.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1492 of 1562 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 10:49 PM
don't play well w others

I'm going to be honest, my E 450 rides better than my 4x4 F 350. and it has way more leaves in it's springs. And the truck weighs the same empty

Those shackles are junk. been there done that
BBslider001 likes this.

Charlie
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool like me."
post #1493 of 1562 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 05:16 AM
Project Shamu

My old 2002 F450 rode infinitely better than my 96 F350 w/ 2002 SD Springs. Dunno why. Truck's were about the same weight, wheelbase, etc.

I'm sure they'll be fine.
BBslider001 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 372,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more

1983 F150 SCSB Flareside, 302 w/ AOD Trans

2002 F450 SCFB, 7.3 PSD 2wd w/ 144,000 miles
SOLD

post #1494 of 1562 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Native Texan

Garage

So I'm getting the feeling u guys don't like those shackles. They have been getting better reviews over the last year but I will probably just start with the 450 springs and decide from there if things go well maybe I get the axle out of the ambulance this week. I am going to pop some wheels on the truck to roll it out of garage to make bed removal easier. Once bed off will roll it back inside and prep for booty surgery. Weather suppose to be in the 70s all week during the day should make for better working conditions now that I can open the garage up. Will have better doors and heater by next winter for working on things. Getting close to starting to buy transmission parts again. maybe by my birthday I will have it back together. But had to take a step back and fix some financial problem first. Only reason this rearend is going forward is I am trading labor for the rearend. Church bus needs the swaybar from the ambulance and I can reuse mine off my truck. Plus I get to drag it in the shop to remove the rearend instead of doing it in the mud. Will make sure to get plenty of pics of this.

BBslider001 and HilhavenFarm like this.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
post #1495 of 1562 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:30 AM
Administrator

Mine were no good IMO
but i have seen some of the new units and the ones for the f450 look a lot better than what i had on mine
mine were more like what are in the very top picture above
that being said they are pricey and I would have a hard time paying to try them again lol

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video contribution to the DIY community

post #1496 of 1562 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Native Texan

Garage

Ok sneak peak of things to come.

Also 57 gallon fuel tank that will have to come out so the rear end can come out.

Upgrades:
post #1497 of 1562 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:38 AM
Project Shamu

Damn, your getting faster than me at wrenching on stuff, I haven't been able to do much lately and its killing me!

1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 372,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more

1983 F150 SCSB Flareside, 302 w/ AOD Trans

2002 F450 SCFB, 7.3 PSD 2wd w/ 144,000 miles
SOLD
post #1498 of 1562 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Native Texan

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Dan View Post
Damn, your getting faster than me at wrenching on stuff, I haven't been able to do much lately and its killing me!
If that's fast then man I good. I have been wanting to get this in for 2 weeks. good thing I did we got .75 inch of rain last night and rain all next week. But that doesn't mean I will get to work on it. Just hope it all will work out.

Upgrades:
post #1499 of 1562 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Native Texan

Garage

Ok it has begun.

I got her jacked up today and begun working on removing the rear end.

Got the driveshaft out, shocks loose, wheels off, brake line, sensor wire, and sway bar unbolted. I will try and use my shocks as they only have like 6000 miles on them if they won't work I will have to make custom upper mounts and get some new 450 shocks.

Well had to drill 3 holes to access the spring bolts. And so far only one has come out. So guess I will be sawing the other 3 off.

And yes i was hammering hard on the bolts. I will be getting a new impact tomorrow now and rebuild this one for home later. Its kinda sad this impact is only 11 years old.

Man if only 5r100 with Park brake.

So the shaft will have to give up its flange for the conversion. And of course It has a much wider ujoint then my truck.

So my truck has 1350 ujoint and the ambulance has 1410 ujoint. I have found a reasonable one for 25 bucks but its not greasable. I am looking for a flange that will use my ujoint and bolt right up.

Well guess I am replacing the brakes.

Upgrades:
post #1500 of 1562 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Native Texan

Garage

So in order to make the rearend work I was going to have to buy a specialized u-joints. One that I would have to keep a few spares on hand just in case. I have not found a greaseable one yet and they range from 22 dollars on up to the 50 dollar range. So Start just searching and searching and searching and finally landed on this little gem.

Spicer 3-2-1859 Flange Yoke

Design Style Snap Ring Design

U-Joint Series 1350

U-Joint Width 3.875

U-Joint Bearing Diameter D 1.188

Flange Diameter A 5.750

Bolt Circle Diameter B 4.750 Between Holes Y 3.359

Between Holes X 3.359

Bolt Hole Diameter .500-D

Bolt Hole Quantity 4.000

Cast/Forged Cast

So best I can tell it should work to bolt up to the rearend and use the stock u-joints for my truck. And once I had a part number I did some more searching and found on on amazon warehouse deals("used") for 18 dollars plus shipping and tax. came out to just under 25 dollars. So we will find out if it works next week when it gets here. hopefully its right and will work. This will make the swap simpler and easier in the long run.

Upgrades:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode