Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Recon lights

3K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  nickPSD 
#1 ·
Anyone using the lights for the side mirror? I have a broken one on the DS and was thinking of replacing it with the smoked ones. How is the fit? Are there gaps?

Also, will the Dodge clearance lights work with the Ford harness? I thought they were nicer than the big Ford lights.

#26 ·
I totally agree......But on the other hand they look badazz!!!!!!!!!!!! Also had a prob with the xtreme scanning amber light bar in which the first two were broken...But Ryan at Recon was excellent in dealing with this issue and rushed my replacement twice and the third was a charm........I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

#5 ·
I had them on my 06 mirrors, LOVED them! but now i have 08 mirrors, when i get the money, some Recon Smoked lenses are gonna go on there.

#6 ·
No one tried the Recon dodge clearance lights? I would like to put them on my '06 that doesn't have any. Yea, I would like to put the '08 mirrors on the '99. Need to get it running good before I spend money on something like that tho. If I don't get it running soon I'm going to unload it.

#9 ·
You shouldn't, it should just be a simple 12v+ and a ground. I believe the harness is there on all the trucks to the passenger side kick panel.

I did the recon replacement cab lights on my truck that already had them, now I have smoked lenses with LED lights and I just spliced the recon harness into the 2 wires for the factory harness. I did this up at the windshield though and not down in the kick, but it should be essentially the same.

#14 ·
#19 ·
LOL I thought it was pretty ugly too! But I do like the dodge clearance lights...

#17 ·
I also had to trim the Recon mirror lights a little, The first one was a bitc, but after I figured it out the second one went good.
DONT BUY THE THIRD BRAKE LIGHT FROM THEM, 10 of 10 have the cargo lights go out in a year, no warranty this long.

#18 ·
10 out of 10??? ive had mine over a year, no cargo lights out on mine. so seems to me that you should change your statement.

#23 ·
Out of ten here where I live, the cargo lights started flashing in groups of three, then eventually went out in less then a year, maby some do work longer?
I bought three of these at one time for friends, two smoked and one clear, then others also bought them a little while later.
My mirror lights, big rig lights, cab lights and line of fire lights, have worked fine for almost 3 years.

#24 ·
I bought the mirror lights and was a horrible fit so I sent them back. I got them through a local acc. shop. I thought about getting some again to see if they fit better. There's no one else that makes the mirror lenses is there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.