Not sure where to post - Body Work - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Back in Black

Not sure where to post - Body Work

Im not sure where this should be posted but I am in the middle of building my reg cab drag truck.

It needs some body work. anyone have some step by step advice on this? I mainly am looking for like sand paper grits and such. I did some bondoing, im just not sure what grit to sand it down with so it wont leave marks throughout the truck and show through the new paint. Ive searched the internet but didnt come up with much. Thanks Guys

2009 F-250 ccsb black/black

Lowered 4400lb spring, 20x10 MM962, Nitto 420, traction bars, 5" exhaust 7" MBRP black stack, SCT - Innovative tunes, IDP cold side IC pipe, MPD trans. Blacked outtttt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 08:31 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Not sure where to post - Body Work

Hot Rod magazine had a series of articles on bodywork and painting a couple of years ago. Very good info for someone trying to learn all the issues with bodywork. You will need quite an assortment of sand paper and blocks to sand an entire vehicle. I start off with 80 grit and work my way up to 400. I keep on hand 80, 120, 240, 320, and 400. Once everything is smooth with 400 grit I apply the primer and if you have no problems after that you can continue to apply basecoat then clear coat.

2003 F250 6.0 CC LB
ARP's, Straight Pipe, IDP Tuned & FICM, Custom EGR Delete, Coolant Filter, PS Filter, Bypass Oil Filter, Upgraded Fuel Lines & Crossover, EGT & Fuel Pressure

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode