Aluminum Wheel Cleaner/Polish - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Aluminum Wheel Cleaner/Polish

I just picked up some weld drag lites for the stang, the rears look like brand new, but the fronts need some love.

I tried cleaning up on them with what I already had at the house.

^^^the #### took all the road grime and brake dust off the front and back like it was nothing. the back side of the front wheels were solid black.

I picked up one of these at walmart hoping I could polish the fronts better then doing it by hand. It seemed to work ok, I MAY get a mothers ball as well just to see if one is better then the other.

As far as polish when I picked up the bullit I picked up some mohers.

I had some "hand Polish" I tried it also:

Everything I used made them shine, no doubt. The promlem is there still is little imperfections on the fronts of the front wheels. Im thinking I need more of a cutting compound, what go you guys suggest? What do you use?

96FordF3507.3PSDCC, (Line X'd) bed, 4x4, 5 speed manual, 4.11 gears, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP , 260,000 miles, 3-4" down pipe, 4" exhaust w/5" polished SS tip, gutted EBPV, chrome nerf bars, autometer ultra lite pyro and boost gauges, alpine cd player, alpine speakers, Garmin GPS.
"Real trucks have 3 Pedals, 2 Sticks, and No Spark Plugs"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 06:22 PM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels
Re: Aluminum Wheel Cleaner/Polish

Mothers or Mcguires rubbing compound with the Mothers Ball.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 06:44 PM
PSN Veteran

i use a old style buffing wheel on a cordless drill, the mothers mag and chrome polish has always worked for me

2008 got a new flex pipe installed. S-b intake, 4in dp back exhaust, gear head tunes All deletes done now.
flow pro hot pipe. CCV mode.

2013 dodge charger

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieland-diesels View Post
Mothers or Mcguires rubbing compound with the Mothers Ball.
I think that is what im going to try next.

96FordF3507.3PSDCC, (Line X'd) bed, 4x4, 5 speed manual, 4.11 gears, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP , 260,000 miles, 3-4" down pipe, 4" exhaust w/5" polished SS tip, gutted EBPV, chrome nerf bars, autometer ultra lite pyro and boost gauges, alpine cd player, alpine speakers, Garmin GPS.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

I always used Mothers on the big trucks, with that ball thingy, and my cordless drill.
The shop replaced one of my drives with the nastiest looking wheel they could find, and Mothers cleaned it up pretty good.
Another guy I know mixed his own with diesel fuel and one of those polishing bars, I think it was the white one.
In my book, the Mothers was better, and I hit them once or twice a year. I used the Mothers on my running boards and tanks as well.

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Here are 2 more pics, they show the spots im talking about a little better:

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
PSN Veteran

we use this at the shop and sell too.
www.theintimidatorpropolish.com

there is alot of good stuff out there, what is best? who knows?
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM
No 6.0

Before

After

Process was...

Wash
Claybar with Meguiar's Medium Claybar
Polish using Meguiar's NXT Metal Polish. I ran out mid way and switched to Mother's Metal Polish. I did NOT use the liquid polishes in the bottles. I had better luck with the paste polishes (come in the little tubs, I had both and tried both). I would scoop it onto the wheel with my hand and polished using a Mother's Powerball, the small one. After those pics were taken, I put a few coats of Meguiar's NXT wax on it. That was exactly a year ago, and the wheels still look great today.

Zach
2000/2006ish Ford F-250 Larryette 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust, DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, Few leaves added here and there, 35" BFGs, 16x10 Eagle Alloys, Alpine W200

SLAPS Member #153
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 PM
JDG's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to 99F250Smitty

I'm sure there is better but this is the stuff I use and it works good.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 02:45 AM
PSN Veteran

you guys need to look up metal wax. one of my friends invented it not to long ago and the stuff is amazing. ill be bringing it to all the nhrda races this season for people to try. i have never seen anything work as well as this. i honestly had no idea he made it until i ran into him in the grocery store last week. here is his website. http://www.metalwax.com/

06 crew cab
06 reg cab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode