Detailed OBS - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Detailed OBS

Well, I had a mobile detailer detail the truck after I bought it and it turned out great, for about a week. After a couple rains it looked just like it did prior, dull and old.

SO I sat out to do it myself. With a Porter Cable 7424 and a host of Griot machine polishes I think it turned out good. I know there are better products out there than the Griot's but my wife bought them for Christmas. So.

Figured prior to really hitting the paint I'd pull the side moldings and try to get rid of any lines. I apparently missed a spot and will need to go back but you have to look for it and it is only about 4 inches long.

I washed the truck, clay barred it then hit with a number 1 polish in the bad areas. Next was a # 2 over the entire truck followed up with a #3 and then a wax.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Detailed OBS

that looks really good.

02 F250 cc sb Lariet 4x4.
BTS Transmission installed/tuned by TSD
Autometer Ultralite II Trans,Pyro,Boost.
MBRP 4'' Cool Duals turboback with 5'' tips.
DIY tractionbars with Procomp mounts.
6637/zoodad intake,Drilled/slotted Rotors.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 07:11 PM
PSN Veteran

Looks really good wanna detail my truck? lol

E99 F-350 CCSB 4x4

1990 F250 7.3idi 4x4 5 speed- SOLD!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 07:22 PM
PSN Local

Great job! The truck looks really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Well, I had a mobile detailer detail the truck after I bought it and it turned out great, for about a week. After a couple rains it looked just like it did prior, dull and old.
Sigh...all to common, I'm afraid. I'm guessing they used a product with fillers, or another product that "shows well" but doesn't last, to make it look like they did more work than they actually did.

Karl in NC
Early 1999 F250 6-speed: the DD and tow rig; DIY intake, stock exhaust straight piped
2004 Honda S2000: the autocross and sunny weather car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 02:42 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to userma3648

it does look good,,,, paying someone to deatil you stuff you have to make shore they are using good stuff to start with

08 6.4 with some goodies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

The one thing the detailer did well was the interior. They removed several stains that had been in place for years. Dad tried several places and no one was able to get the stains out. That alone was worth the money so I don't feel too bad about it.

The guy came highly recommended from friends that always have nice looking cars. Who knows what happened but I should have done it myself to begin with.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:30 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
The one thing the detailer did well was the interior. They removed several stains that had been in place for years. Dad tried several places and no one was able to get the stains out. That alone was worth the money so I don't feel too bad about it.

The guy came highly recommended from friends that always have nice looking cars. Who knows what happened but I should have done it myself to begin with.
can i ask what you paid to have it done? the detailer is only as good as the polishes an waxes they use,,,thats what i always say lol

08 6.4 with some goodies
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

$220 this included polishing the headlights on the wife's Odyssey

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
$220 this included polishing the headlights on the wife's Odyssey
WOW I need to raise my rates

08 6.4 with some goodies
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Seemed like the going rate around Atlanta.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode