Dog hair nightmare - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
OrthoPro

Dog hair nightmare

Ok I bought an '05 SD CC XLT and the prior owner had it repossesed and must have his damn dog living in the truck. It smelled like dog BAD until I had the new carpet and new leather put in. Now its fine but I lift back the door panels on the inside and could see TONS of hair behind the door panels. On top of that when I put on the heat it smells like DOG!

What tools do I need to properly pry off the door panels? Do I have to pull the dash to get to all the ventelation ducts to blow out the dander and hair so it doesnt smell like DOG when I run the heat???

This is really PI***** me off.

HELP!

Aaron Forbes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Metal - It kicks your ass

Re: Dog hair nightmare

That blows man. Hope you get it fixed.

Modded L99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 08:20 PM
PSN Pretender

No special tools needed to remove panels.

Remove the panel opposite to your mirror, power window/ lock switches, and courtesy lamp lens cover in the door.

There will be two 7mm screws to remove, one behind the switches, and one behind the lens cover. Pull those out and lift the panel strait up, then with the panel loose reach behind it to disconnect the courtesy light from the socket by twisting it.

Good Luck

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
PSN Veteran

Just pop the dash panel off take a air hose and blow all the #### out of the ducts and febreze the hell out of it. Also those little vent clip air freshners can be put in the ducts by your feet, thats what I do during the winter so the cow #### and coonhunting smells off my boots don't get so annoying.

Early 99, regular cab, Six Speed, Wildman Tuned, Red wastegate line MIA, muffler MIA, Isspro EGT/Boost, DIY Tymar, EBPV Switch, a slipping South Bend, 2.5" leveling kit, 35x12.5 BFG All-Terrains, 16.5" American Racing wheels SOLD
04, red regular cab, six speed, Edge SOLD
97, silver regular cab 300/200 s300
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Attention Whore

Dog hair in the 6.0 performance forum....nothing will surprise me from here on out.
Moved to the Detailing Forum.

Spending money I don't have on crap I don't need to impress people I don't know.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
OrthoPro

Sorry for posting this in the wrong area...Im a rookie so my bad. Thanks for the advice the 7mm socket worked awesome and I cleaned out the door panels. Now the air ducts and vents. Thanks for the help guys!

I will put the post in the right area next time :)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 05:34 PM
PSN Veteran

I think the previous idea of blowing the crap out then soaking the vents with febreeze would be your easiest bet. I cant remember where the superduty hvac motor is, might be worth pulling it out before to blow everything through?

1995 7.3 Bronco

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode