Full wash and wax! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
one_bad_6.7

Garage
Full wash and wax!

To start out, Holy Smokes my arm is about to fall off!!! Today I proceeded to Wash and do a professional Wax job on my 2011 F250 PSD. I did a two bucket wash, then I spray detailed and clay barred the whole body and windows.. That made the paint soo smooth! FYI this is my first go at a 3 stage wax.. I don't have a good buffer so I did it all by hand, and I only have one hand... lol first stage was the compound, It went on easy and came off easy. My arm is already tired.. Second stage is a polish, this was the tuffest stage, it doesn't go on very smooth and you gotta use a lot of it, it took a lot of time. Coming off wasn't as bad, it drys decent and buffs off easier.. I really wanna stop at this point my arm is shot!!!! and the paint looks really good!! but I pushed on.. The final stage is the wax, the wax goes on really nice, its really oily and goes a long way! the instructions say you can buff it off immediately after spreading. This stage was the hardest to remove, it took a lot of buffing to get all of the residue off.. Now 6.5 hours later my arm feels like it wants to fall off!! but WOW!!!!!! my truck looks better then when I bought it!! The paint is so crystal clear, deep and sooo smooth!! I can throw a rag on the hood and it will slide right off. I am very impressed with Mothers system, and their clay bar. Although I am beat I feel like I have a brand new truck! My paint and windows are now ready for the winter months and any moisture coming down!! Well worth my time... This is the picture I got of it b4 it got dark..

2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Rancho +3in coils up front, Skyjacker Dual steering stabilizer, Firestone 5k Ride Rite Airbags/w compressor, EGR DPF Deletes, Spartan Tuning, 4in down pipe, Flo Pro 5in exhaust, S&B Intake, 2015 63mm Turbo retro fit... ++
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 02:37 AM
Because I can!!!

Re: Full wash and wax!

dang so shiny

97 F350 cclb
7.3 5spd

95 f350 rclb 7.3

02 f350 ccsb 7.3
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
one_bad_6.7

Garage

Thank you man! Pictures just don't do it enough justice tho... all I can think of now when I look at the picture is Black Fuel Mavericks or Moto Metals would make it look soo much more BAD A$$!!

2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Rancho +3in coils up front, Skyjacker Dual steering stabilizer, Firestone 5k Ride Rite Airbags/w compressor, EGR DPF Deletes, Spartan Tuning, 4in down pipe, Flo Pro 5in exhaust, S&B Intake, 2015 63mm Turbo retro fit... ++

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 03:29 AM
Because I can!!!

That'd look amazing

97 F350 cclb
7.3 5spd

95 f350 rclb 7.3

02 f350 ccsb 7.3
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 01:20 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

x2 hots off for a long day and great job! what kind of 'oily' wax were you using?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
one_bad_6.7

Garage

its Mothers California gold ultimate waxing system 3 step, Pure Polish, Micro Polish and Glaze, (Pure Brazilian Carnuba Wax)

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 11:46 PM
PSN Veteran

I can see you in the reflection of the picture taking the picture.... That definitely looks better than that time I used crisco....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-2008 Job #3 F250 CCSB 4x4
-Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
-Peak Fleet Charge Purple Coolant
-SCT X4 Babysitter
-17" XD Addicts
-285 General Grabber AT2's
-Power Service White in the Tank
-Moog Tie Rods and Drag Arm
-Drilled and Slotted Rotors
-GearBoxZ DPF-R 4.0
-Flo-Pro DOC/DPF delete
-MPD CCV Kit
-Injen Evo CAI
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
one_bad_6.7

Garage

haha!! Crisco? where did you hear to use Crisco?

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 12:42 PM
PSN Veteran

Full wash and wax!

I used some cheap azz wax one time on my old mini truck that was also black. Apparently it was still a little warm to the touch for the wax and wound up hazing and staying put. Naturally I google how to get it off since I didnt have a buffer at the time and sure enough there was an article that said to use crisco. It worked and worked well on the dried wax and getting it off, so I proceeded to do the entire truck since it was so smooth and shiny lol! And yes I made sure I used a micro-fiber towel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-2008 Job #3 F250 CCSB 4x4
-Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
-Peak Fleet Charge Purple Coolant
-SCT X4 Babysitter
-17" XD Addicts
-285 General Grabber AT2's
-Power Service White in the Tank
-Moog Tie Rods and Drag Arm
-Drilled and Slotted Rotors
-GearBoxZ DPF-R 4.0
-Flo-Pro DOC/DPF delete
-MPD CCV Kit
-Injen Evo CAI
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
one_bad_6.7

Garage

lol, Well you cant beat that! its hard work waxing these big pickups, to spend the time and get bad results would really blow...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode