Opinions wanted - spray on liner - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Opinions wanted - spray on liner

So - after quite a bit of research and short on cash (baby on way) - I decided to spray my bed and step tubes w/ Red "color" matched Al's liners. There's quite a bit of good reviews on the stuff, and of course a few bad ones (all related to bad prep work).

My thoughts are to do the bed and step tubes and see how it applies, looks, and holds up. If all these are good, I'm wanting to spray my rockers and flarings on the fenders (rock chips on the inner lip).

Here's where I ask your opinion? I'm thinking about doing the front bumper and rear bumper. Mine are aged 1999 Chrome w/ pits and hairline cracks. I think if I could apply somewhat smooth (not the bubble glob look of Rhino) it'd look good. Surface prep is 36 grit to the chrome, adhesive primer, and adhesive promotor. What are you thoughts?

Matt
1999 F350 CC - DP'd, ITP RR, ATS w/ EPBV delete, BTS Tranny - soon to be veg fed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:36 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Opinions wanted - spray on liner

With red? Oh boy that sounds like alot of a solid color.

Maybe black? Or go to certifit and get an 05 front end. Thats what I plan to do.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:36 PM
PSN Veteran

Did you think about fading? That red will turn pink pretty quick

2004 f350 6.0L psd 4x4 6spd cc sb dark shadow gray, sct tuned by eric, 6" ICON 20x12 centerline, 35x13.5 mickey t atz

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I did indeed! I'm going to try it on the bed and tubes first and run it for 8-10 months (winter and summer) and see how it looks/holds up.

According to their website: 100% U.V. Resistant which means absolutely no fading.

I hope this holds true!

Kind of thinking of doing the bumpers black, go to a Road Armor type bumper as well. Kind of agree with you Austin (lots of RED!)

Matt
1999 F350 CC - DP'd, ITP RR, ATS w/ EPBV delete, BTS Tranny - soon to be veg fed
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine6 View Post
According to their website: 100% U.V. Resistant which means absolutely no fading.
Horsechit--it WILL fade, especially if you're in a high-UV environment (i.e. living at altitude). That's why I'm happy I went with an obvious contrasting color at the LineX shop since trying to exactly match the color of my truck, especially since the liner is textured and not super-smooth like the factory pain, would look like ass...

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Truck looks good! Like mentioned, I'm going to spray the bed first and see how it holds up. If it fades out, I'll just shoot it with black and be done with it.

Do you like having your rockers and fenders done? Any problems with it so far?

Matt
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Just picked up the material to do this job. Hope to have the bed done by next weekend, pregnant wife permitting.

Matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode