Spray liners? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Spray liners?

As I work construction and my truck sees alot of miles on and off road, it's starting to take a beating from the bottom quarter including the bumpers. I don't mean dings and dents but paint. The front bumper has started to bubble and the paint of course is failing. I have been think about doing a rubberized coating on the bottom basically covering the two tone on the bottom. Full coating on the bumpers and running boards. But I am looking for a quality product that I can do myself and I am not sold on rhino lining prices. Also how well will it stick to the original paint? Any help or information will be greatly appreciated. I also would like to have something that will not be so dull and drab.

08f450pstroke from KY
08 F-450 King Ranch, 4x4 auto, Spartan tuned 300, DPF/EGR delete, CCV mod, S&B Intake and a few other things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 06:12 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: Spray liners?

there's a great thread on this i believe, it's probably in the general discussion area & i believe it's bu user "tank's 250"...naturally i involved myself in it lol! i'll see if i can find it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 06:18 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

not sure if this will help you as much as i hoped lol, good info in here though! https://www.powerstrokenation.com/for...ing-wrong.html

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 08:01 PM
PSN Local

Not to invade your space 08, but that link turd sent us, it might work for you, and it sounds like if might work for me. I have an 09, and the bed is starting to look like s**t and don't like it. Sound like if I take the time to clean and rough it up and put that spray on, I maybe able to have it looking descent again, and keep it that way???? I bet I can leave the 5th wheel mounts in there????
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 08:39 PM
CAT
Wise old man

I am in construction myself (Journeyman Carpenter). I own a 97
F350 and carry all kinds of hand and power tools. After I purchased
the truck I started looking into spray-on bed liner. My son who
at that time had a Dodge had either Rhino liner or Line X spray on
bed liner. He did not recommend either because they are a hot spray
application. I found on the internet a product called Al's Bed liner.
It is a cold application and had my cousin whom owns his own body
shop to apply. The ONLY downfall is I wish I would have either sprayed
more on the tailgate or put on a tailgate cap. Other than that I have
had absolutely no peeling or chipping or cracking. Perfect Chit IMO
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I assume most of these are a roll or brush on application? Or can you spray them on? That would seem to be the way to go I would think and that thread is exactly what I was looking for. That's the way I think I am gonna go. Although his is a little more as I won't do the inside of the doors. Any other info anyone has would be great and as soon as I start I will keep updates but it will be a bit

08f450pstroke from KY
08 F-450 King Ranch, 4x4 auto, Spartan tuned 300, DPF/EGR delete, CCV mod, S&B Intake and a few other things.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 12:03 AM
CAT
Wise old man

Go online and look up Al's Spray-on bed liner. It is what is called
a cold application as it takes about 24 hours to cure and it is in
2 parts but you can apply it with a hopper style sprayer and do it
yourself if you would like. Give it a look because like I stated,
It's very good material.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 05:35 PM
PSN Newb

Garage

Bad pictures, sorry...but I just finished mine last week. Used a product called EZ Liner (Canada only I believe) but it is comparable to the other 'kits' you can buy off the shelf at any auto parts store. I painted the entire truck at the same time so the prep work was already being done. I think it looks awesome and it is very tough. Yes, you can scratch it off if you really try, but a quick touch up with a spray bomb is a lot easier than repainting!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2447.jpg (21.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2456.jpg (15.6 KB, 28 views)
10xlt likes this.

2007 F-350 XLT FX4 - 6.0 CCSB
Studded, EGR delete, aFe 4" turbo-back exhaust, Firestone bags w/ onboard compressor, 2012 Lariat seats, flowthru console, and door panels, 2012 step tailgate, 2012 front & rear bumper, 2012 full-load tow mirrors
Tow machine for 32' Puma TT
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 08:00 PM

I have line x in my work truck and have yet to see it fail. I would pay up and get it. Plus it comes with a life time warranty.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

We have a local rhino liner dealer,this still hurts but he quoted $4,000 and I have to do all the prep other then tape. I died a little bit when I heard this. Same dealer wanted $890 to do my truck bed. This just seems outrageous to me

08f450pstroke from KY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode