What waxs/polishes do you use? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

What waxs/polishes do you use?

Jus curoius whats waxs and polishes everyone uses for their trucks, rims, tires. I use mothers PowerMetal Aluminum for my rims, Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax, and Blue Coral soap for washing. I also use the mother powerball and power cone. As for tires i experiment with tires foams. What other tricks are there to keep your rig slick.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Twitch

Re: What waxs/polishes do you use?

Tires- black magic tire foam

Chrome/Windows- Auto glass celaner..green bottle yellow cap..works better than high dollar windex

Interior- Armorall super protectant and lexol leather cleaner and conditioner along with glass cleaner.

Dash- usually armor all, but sometimes mothers back to black every once in a while. works good on the steering wheel and leather sometimes.

Mirrors/black trim pieces- Either armor all or mothers back to black

fenderwells- Front- soak in wesleys bleachwhite and scrub..let sit..then rinse..let dry and follow up with tire foam.
Rear- Eagle one never dull..gets then dirt and some scratches out..makes it look cleaner and newer..follow with tire foam.

Tip/bumpers- Glass cleaner and never dull on the tip and sometimes bumper.

Polish- Turtle wax ICE..the liquid kind..that stuff works great if your not wanting to wax the whole truck all day.

Wax- in the process of tryin some adams

I use Q-tips to get in the dash and a/c vents and lil hard places.

Headliner- tuff stuff..yellow can spray. Gets the dirt and spots out of the carpet and headliner.

Febreze auto- spray and vaccum..repeat a couple times if your tryin to get an oder out.

Car wash- Blue coral works just fine

Towels or Shammies- Use microfiber towels..regular towels leave sctratches in your paint.

Engine- I keep my engine clean enough to eat off of..im just very meticulous and keep my truck clean.

I use simple green, or a good soakin with warm water and soap and scrub down the motor good..DO NOT use a pressure washer unless you want ghost electrical problems to appear. wesleys bleach white works good too. Either dry with blower or let it run for a few minutes..follow up wtih armor all or dressing of your choice.

i also keep my oil pan and tranny pan somewhat mostly clean..no black crap built up everywhere..you can use a degreaser and a good scrubing brush.

02 F250 4x4..."Smokey"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 08:59 PM
PSN nerd

wax: evercoat and adams
polish: truckers polish from english custom polishing

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

Pre-polishing prep - I use pamolive dish soap to wash. Then I hit it with Mothers clay bar and detailing spray.

Polishing : 3m Superduty Cut compound if its REAL bad, Followed by Meguiars Mirror Glaze 1(Medium cut) and Mirror Glaze 9(Swirl Remover)

Wax : Meguiars Gold class.

Tires : Some Meguiars Tires shine, IDK what its called, I buy it in a can and the end is an adjustable spray patten.

Wheels : Meguiars Hot Rim's. Stuff works awesome on chrome!

Interior : Whatever shampooing soap I have the carpets in the house at the time on the seats, and head liner(I have no carpet in my trucks). Then for the dash, some Interior Final Detailer which I believe is also Meguiars or maybe mothers don't remember. Febreeze auto for scent.

Car wash : Meguiars Gold Class wash

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 02:06 AM
Steamfighter

I do the wesleys under wheel wells etc , but a use Griots undercarrige spray (awsome stuff looks really good on every thing under the truck ) wax and polish from Griots garage .

2006 F350 6 wheeler. some mods done thanks to First Coast Diesel Performance , but more to come!! .
Steamfitter local 602 Washington D.C.

2005 F250 OVERLOADED WORK HOSS
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 02:12 AM
OBS junkie

Moved this to the detailing section carry on.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 02:30 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStrokeAlot View Post
Jus curoius whats waxs and polishes everyone uses for their trucks, rims, tires. I use mothers PowerMetal Aluminum for my rims, Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax, and Blue Coral soap for washing. I also use the mother powerball and power cone. As for tires i experiment with tires foams. What other tricks are there to keep your rig slick.?
Polish: I use Menzerna Power Finish most frequently. Menz. Power Gloss or 3M Perfect-It rubbing compound if necessary. My finishing polish is Menz. PO85RD.

LSP: I've got like twelve different ones. The S2000 gets Rubbish Boy's Original Edition. The F250 gets Bilt Hamber Auto Balm. Collinite 845 and Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger are also in heavy rotation, depending on what the customer wants.

Wheels: Depends how bad they are. Usually, Simple Green Stuff APC works just fine. If the wheels are really awful, I go straight to the big iron - Meguiar's Wheel Brightener. It's STRONG stuff.

I've got a set of polished aluminum CCW Classics for the S2000. For those, I use car soap, and polish them with Wenol metal polish, plus a bunch of microfiber towels. Never again will I own a set of polished aluminum wheels...

Tires: I clean them with the same APC I use on wheels. Dressing is usually Tropi-Care White Pearl, although I'm finding that Vinylex is a worthwhile substitute.

Wash: If I'm stripping before clay, I use 1/2 blue Dawn dish soap and 1/2 Majestic Solutions SGS. This combo will strip everything but the paint. For regular maintenance washes, I use Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss. At dry time on said maintenance washes, I pump up the shine with Duragloss Aquawax.

Quick Detail Spray: I've got like five of them. Duragloss 921 "Fast Clean and Shine" is my current favorite. Meguiar's #34 Final Inspection is what I use to remove polishing residue, and when I want a QD that doesn't alter the finish. Occasionally I use Optimum Instant Detailer, but it's a little fussy to use.

Karl in NC
Early 1999 F250 6-speed: the DD and tow rig; DIY intake, stock exhaust straight piped
2004 Honda S2000: the autocross and sunny weather car

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 03:19 AM
King of my own world

mothers clay bar then meguires nxt liquid once a month and meguires nxt spray detail spray in between.

97 F250 5 speed w/homemade flatbed, diy intake muffler delete, empty emissions device, 10k, 3" dp, 5" tip.
more to come.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Offical Puddle Displacer

Send a message via AIM to pstroke96

blue corral soap. turtle wax ice liquid clay bar. turtle wax ice spray detailer. turtle wax chrome polish on the bumpers and rims, the stuff in the short white bottle. STP tire shine, pretty cheap but works good. stoner invisible glass then rain-X. turtle wax F21 super protectant on all the plastics interior and exterior, dash door panels, black bumper trim etc. i whipe down the engine with a clear rag time to time but i dont really clean it unless im working on it

Refugee
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 03:55 AM
PSN Veteran

Polishes from Jainos. I have tried seemingly everything out there and this stuff works amazingly. Wheels I use Proshine, a polish and wax together. I also use it on the grill, and bumpers. Makes taking off the bug carcasses easier.

2012 DPC Campion
2008 King Ranch CC 6.4 Elites Stage 2 ported heads, stage one cam, ported intake, HP and LP fuel systems. Dragon Fire HPFP, HP compounds, EGR delete with dual wastegates, 85 hp injectors, CFM elbow, EDE race trans, 6.0L ported manifolds, tuned by Eric @IDP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode