Camper cleaner - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Sabol

Camper cleaner

Hi guys,

I know a lot of Superduty owners are towing campers and trailers with the same siding material. I wanted to see if anyone has recent experience with a cleaner that really works good on the camper exterior.
I have white paint on aluminum sided camper.
After parking it in our side driveway it has the black streaks from rain etc, and general grime from just towing it around.
Camping world has some for the streaks, but i wanted to hear some opinions from experienced guys
thanks

- Adam
2011 F350 6.7 CCSB Lariat FX4 stock
2006 F250 6.0 CCSB Lariat FX4 4" lift 4" exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 02:51 PM
PSN Local

Re: Camper cleaner

I use Protect All (you can buy it at Walmart) The wax and Treatment seems to get the streaks off but it takes some elbow grease. They also have a Black Streak remover that works even better. Combating Black Streaks Article - Protect All

Matt
Early 1999 F250 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 liter Lariet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 03:59 PM
Jackleg Mechanic

I've used a couple of different products from camping world and had good results from both. Unfortunately I don't remember their brand names but the reviews on there are brutally honest. If the product don't work it'll say so in the review section.

Jeff
06 F350 6.0L CCLB AMARILLO 4X4
- SCT Livewire, Quick Tricks Looney tune, XDP Coolant filter, Blue Spring Mod, High Flow Banjo bolts, Warren's 175/30 injectors with upgraded spools, ARP Studs, PowerMax Stag One Turbo, Bilstien 5100's. Banks 4in turbo back Monster exhaust. All necessary internal bulletproofing. High Idle mod

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 12:19 PM
PSN Veteran

The key to keeping it streak free is keeping the top of the camper clean. Then a good coat of wax on the sides and any streaks you get will come right off. I will be doing this as soon as the weather starts to cool down here.

The only thing I've had work is a strong mixture of bleach. I put it in a sprayer mixed like 70/30 and spray down a small section and scrub and rinse right away. I don't let it sit. Some people say and it is possible for it to make the decals bleed or color run but I haven't had an issue from it yet.

I'll be scrubbing the roof this fall good and applying a good wax job to the sides.

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 11:44 PM
PSN Newb

Depend with the finish and material, but most of the time I use klasse AIO in cleaning and protecting it,topped with Megs ultimate spray wax.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 12:22 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-F350 View Post
I use Protect All (you can buy it at Walmart) The wax and Treatment seems to get the streaks off but it takes some elbow grease. They also have a Black Streak remover that works even better. Combating Black Streaks Article - Protect All
Same stuff I use. Goes on easy and leaves a great shine. Uv protection as well. It may not last as long as a paste wax, but with a 34ft trailer, it only takes about an hour to do the whole job. You might try some 303 protectant, little pricey but I've heard some good things about it. Might try some myself.

2012 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 6.7l
Tuxedo Black
3.55 E-Locker..Timbrens

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode