Scratches to paint - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Scratches to paint

Had some F'er scratch my paint but only to the clear coat . I used scratch remover but that didn't help what can I do to get this fixed ? It's no deaper than the clear coat .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 12:48 AM
wildfingas @ the org

Re: Scratches to paint

You need to try with a fine cut cleaner (scratch remover). like mequiars. this will clean and cut into the clearcoat and level out the paint. It is best used with a sander/buffer though. You will get the most out of it with that. By hand it will be pretty hard. after that uses a swirl remover to take out the swirls from the cleaner. then follow it up with a polish.

You best bet is to use a buffer. Not the cheap chit from walmart or pep boys either. You want to use the ones that look like grinders if you know what I mean. If you get one or borrow one make sure its got variable speed. When you use it make sure you keep the speed fairly low like set on 2. DO THIS IN THE SHADE. if you do it in the sun it will leave a boat load of swirls no matter what you do.

IF this doesn't do the trick you may have to resort to wet sanding that area and then follow that up with the buffer..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode