Clay Bar & Wax - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
I Like Red Cows

Send a message via MSN to deercreekstroker
Clay Bar & Wax

I am wanting to clay bar and wax my pickup for graduation pictures and was wondering if some people had some advice for doing this your first time? I know your suppose to clay bar before waxing so are you suppose to follow the curves and stuff of your pickup or hows all that work? Thanks, Lance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 01:38 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: Clay Bar & Wax

Usually clay bars come in a kit with some type of spray. Make sure the truck is completely clean, spray a small area, and rub the clay bar on the paint. You'll be re-moulding the clay as you apply it to the truck. Just keep rubbing the areas until the paint is clear and smooth, then move to the next section. It takes some elbow grease if you've never done it before and you have a lot of stuff in the paint.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:41 PM
PSN Local

Try this video, it will tell you everything you need to know about clay barring a truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZRj...layer_embedded

EGR Delete
H&S Mini Maxx
Sinister Coolant Filter
Cat Delete
ZooDad Mod

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:49 PM
PSN Veteran

I just did mine and you can listen to the sound. When you start off you will think you are sanding the truck. Then after a few mins it will start to clear up and the sound will go away.

I can't believe how much crap I pulled out of the paint.

Real Diesels Have Stacks
New Tunes by Matt @ Gear Head - Auto Meter Gauges from Nate @ PTP
Air Dog II Fuel Pump
First RR Fuel System built by hand @ Murff Racing

More to come soon..........
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deercreekstroker View Post
I am wanting to clay bar and wax my pickup for graduation pictures and was wondering if some people had some advice for doing this your first time? I know your suppose to clay bar before waxing so are you suppose to follow the curves and stuff of your pickup or hows all that work? Thanks, Lance
yep just go like you normally would waxing.. after you get dont and wipe it off and run your hand down the part you just did and if it still feels a little rough hit it again. till it feels smooth.. and make sure to give yourself plenty off time if you do it good after you get a coat of wax on it it will shine like it was new.
i dont have any before and afters but here s an after pic on my 97. it made a world of difference
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Get the Clay Magic stuff it's the best I've tried. I order off line and use the Meguiars Quick Detailer for the spray lube and get the Clay Magic bar by it self.

Gene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with less stuff
Builder & Driver of

Builder of
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:24 PM
JDG's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to 99F250Smitty

Is there any step in between the clay and the wax? Do you need to wash again or anything? I have also been considering doing this to my truck.

Brian

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

No washing needed in between the clay and the wax unless you want to use a polish first , sometimes I do that if the paint looks a little dull and the I apply the wax

Gene

with less stuff
Builder & Driver of

Builder of
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:47 PM
JDG's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to 99F250Smitty

What polish and wax do you use Gene? Is the only place the clay magic bars are available online?

Brian

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 PM
NYFB. Thats what.

The best clay I have found is 3m. Use a little water and soap in a spray bottle for lubrication. Then rinse after you're done with water. Shami dry so the water doesn't leave spots.
Wax.
The end.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode