help! reupholstering 2001 ford F250 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Exclamation help! reupholstering 2001 ford F250

So my husband is in the military and he is currently at basic training. he has been wanting to do this since he got the truck but could never afford it. i wanna DIY and present it as his graduation present.
Has anyone ever done this before? do you know where i can find instructional videos, advice on good fabric, what to do and what not to do? any advice at all is appreciated!! Btw, i have been sewing for years so thats not an issue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 02:03 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: help! reupholstering 2001 ford F250

Awesome for you to want to do this. If you have the machines that can push through the heavy fabrics and handle the large gauge threads, my suggestion would be to carefully remove a seat cover and look at how its put together. You will need to remove the seats from the truck and fully disassemble the seat. You'll be dealing with rusty fasteners, possibly stuck bolts and need to be able to deal with the wiring under the seat.

Ive installed seat covers and Im over it-- I let the pros do it now. My wife has done furniture and have talked about doing this, but the equipment had become the issue. You can also buy the covers already sewn and just install them. That would let you try your hand at it the install part of it and become familiar with the seat construction.

Lots of tricks to doing this and Im sure there are some videos.

2000 F250 CCSB-- GT4294R, 250/100s, Dahl/Fuelab, PHP, scan gauge, stock 17* pump

1994 F250 4x4 SC (sold)
1997 F250 CCSB 2wd (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode