Who Else Hates Detailing Their Trucks? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
Third Member

Red face Who Else Hates Detailing Their Trucks?

So my truck was looking pretty sick and mistreated. The red paint was very dull and had spots on it. We had a nice day here today and I figured I might as well take advantage of it and see if I could get the paint to kind of shine again. I took it to the car wash this morning to use the high pressure wash nozzle to get all the crap blown off of it and get it rinsed good. I then parked it back in my shed and let it dry.
The only thing I had for polish was Super Gloss that I bought from our John Deere dealer. That's what they use on faded tractors. They told me it should really bring the shine back. I didn't have any polish applicator pads, so I used some new soft towels that I had to apply the polish. I then removed it with a terry cloth and a soft polishing cloth after the polished dried.
The hood had some really bad white spots or stains and I knew this polish wasn't going to touch it. So I bought some rubbing compound and did the whole hood with it. I then removed it all with a clean towel. Then I polished it using the Super Gloss.
After I completely hand polished the truck I took it outside and washed it by hand and then chamoised it off.
It looks better than it did before, but it still isn't even. I know it could look a whole lot better. My hands, wrists, and forearms are pretty sore after all the wax on, wax off, Karate Kid training today.
I need to take some pics, but it'll probably just look like a kind of shiney red truck now.
I think I definately need to give the folks at Adam's Polishes a call and see what they recommend to get me started and keep it in shape.

1995 F-350 CC 4X4, Auto, 3.55's, DP, No Kitty, Straight Pipe, Wildman 4 Position Chip, Gutted EBPV, Modded Turbo Pedestal, Autometer A-Pillar gauges, Tymar Open Element Intake, HPX Hose, Shimmed FPR, SP Diesel EBP Dongle, 466 Blue CPS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Third Member

Re: Who Else Hates Detailing Their Trucks?

Here is a picture I took today of the truck inside the shed. There are more in my Webshots.
Maybe tomorrow I can get some better pics of it outside in the sunlight.
It definately looks better, but you can tell I'm far from a professional detailer.

1995 F-350 CC 4X4, Auto, 3.55's, DP, No Kitty, Straight Pipe, Wildman 4 Position Chip, Gutted EBPV, Modded Turbo Pedestal, Autometer A-Pillar gauges, Tymar Open Element Intake, HPX Hose, Shimmed FPR, SP Diesel EBP Dongle, 466 Blue CPS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode