Dust wont come off now! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
NHRDA Diesel TV Host

Dust wont come off now!

Ok so I got my truck detailed in July and they put a wax on it. We live on a 6.5 mile dirt road and with 35 inch tires and a wet snowy winter, my truck is caked with mud and so when I take it too the do-it-yourself pressure car wash the mud comes off but the dust is still there on the wax. IT IS SOOO FRUSTRATING ON A DARK TRUCK!

Any tips? I hate spending 10 bucks too get the mud off and the moment it dries its still dirty.

HELP!

'04 F350. Typical Mods with tuning by Tadd and Eric and Matt.
'06 VW Jetta TDI. Stock. 42mpg

Sticks and stones can break my bones, but Fords with big turbos excite me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenThree View Post
People think I like girls because guys worth my time are as easy to find as crew cab powerstrokes in the 11's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 03:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak
Re: Dust wont come off now!

instant detailer and a good wipe down right after. if your only using a pressure washer and not actually washing it, it will never be clean. you really need to wash it if you want it to be clean.

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PMRCM#1
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Lovin the Tuna

Yea, the touchless thing doesn't really work, its has to be wiped to get clean... After you spray it with the soap/cleaner, wipe the whole truck down before you rinse it back off if you want to keep it quick and easy

2001 F250
2000 F250

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
NHRDA Diesel TV Host

Whats the best thing too wipe it down with? I already have so many scratches in my paint from my wonderful mother trying too drive my truck and I really don't want more.

Thanks guys!

'04 F350. Typical Mods with tuning by Tadd and Eric and Matt.
'06 VW Jetta TDI. Stock. 42mpg

Sticks and stones can break my bones, but Fords with big turbos excite me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenThree View Post
People think I like girls because guys worth my time are as easy to find as crew cab powerstrokes in the 11's.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Pulling sled for hire

Been through the same thing with mine. Pressure washing it gets the chunks off, but I have to wipe it to get it clean.

Justin

Justin

'97 F-250 - 255k
463 hp - 7-9-09
BDP/Casserly Stage 2's, Mod H2E, Stealth Stage 2, BDP fuel system, Comp 910s, 7.3 ic, live tuned by Jonathan @ BDP.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Lovin the Tuna

just use a clean rag/towel. I use old towels from the house, i just cut it up into a few pieces. works just fine for me, and i know how you feel, EVERYTHING shows up on my bright red, it sucks. I try to use a white rag/towel when wiping it down just so i can see if something gets in it so i dont scratch it up while im wiping it down, as i also have enough and dont need anymore scratches. Just use the pressure wash to get all you can off, then spray the soap, take the towel and wipe the whole truck down, and rinse, should be nice and sparkly till you get home going down that dirt road Anyways, hope that helps.

2001 F250
2000 F250
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 05:34 PM
<----Colin Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvin_her_stroker04 View Post
Whats the best thing too wipe it down with? I already have so many scratches in my paint from my wonderful mother trying too drive my truck and I really don't want more.

Thanks guys!

A good micro fiber cloth with out tags on it is the best. It wont scratch like cotton can.

><>
<><

1996 PSD F-350 crew cab 4x4, 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK- Tuned by DI

2013 F250 4x4 CCLB Platinum Edition
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 05:55 PM
PSN Veteran

it really needs to be washed....wiping it will definately scratch it.

PMRCM#1
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Black Gold

i detail vehicles....jus go to walmart, autozone and look in the detail isle. the have tones of soap mitts....prolly 4-8 bucks....and buy some lucas oil instant detailer.....i have never found a better one....or u can get it from rural king if u have that around ur area....good luck

Ty
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 06:09 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmillburg View Post
i detail vehicles....jus go to walmart, autozone and look in the detail isle. the have tones of soap mitts....prolly 4-8 bucks....and buy some lucas oil instant detailer.....i have never found a better one....or u can get it from rural king if u have that around ur area....good luck

Ty
im quite shocked that someone who detals vehicles wold use something that cheap...

for starters the truck HAS to be washed with a good soap/water/sponge combo. THEN you can use a cloth and detailing spray...but not lucas

meguair's probably has some of the best stuff out there, although i dont think you can buy it at autozone. i have to get mine from a supplier, and have never seen it in stores. ardex also has some good stuff, and i have heard good things about adam's although i have never used the stuff.

btw, did i mention the truck needs a real bath BEFORE you go wiping it with a reg/detailer spray?

PMRCM#1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode