Replacement body panels - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Replacement body panels

Been looking at getting some rear quarter panels, and the OEM ones are waaaaayyyyy out of my price range, and yes, I know they're better, and I get what I pay for, but money's pretty tight right now. The main site I've been looking on is JCwhitney. They have most body panels and parts to the truck, but I noticed that even on the "high quality galvanized steel" or whatever they called it (the nicest ones) people were saying that they didnt hold up, and rusted out badly, blah blah.

I'm curious if anyone who has an OBS powerstroke, who's replaced body panels themselves has used these parts, and what they think of them. If not from that. Site, where do you prefer to buy them from.

I just don't want to spend 600 on replacement quarters and do all the work putting them in (anyone who hasn't before, it's a crap ton of work) and then have them rot out on me in two years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 PM
this $hit is expensive!

Re: Replacement body panels

Id look for a good rust free bed somewhere. Can usually pick them up for 600 or less and you said you know how to paint so your good to go there.

97 f350 cclb 7.3 5 spd on 35's, ffd 250/100's, s465 turbo, irate t4 mount, 3 inch plenums, t-500 hpop, arp's, sb pushrods, comp 910's, gearhead tunes, e fuel, and valair dual disk clutch
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccf350stroker View Post
Id look for a good rust free bed somewhere. Can usually pick them up for 600 or less and you said you know how to paint so your good to go there.
I was considering that, but I really don't have anyway to move it around, as I don't have a bed hoist, or a bobcat with chains haha. I could get it, but I couldn't get it off the darn trailer!

And I'm going to have to replace the rockers and some other panels pretty soon anyways so I might as well find out what's good and what's crap.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 11:39 AM
this $hit is expensive!

Got any friends? That what I use to move it around.

97 f350 cclb 7.3 5 spd on 35's, ffd 250/100's, s465 turbo, irate t4 mount, 3 inch plenums, t-500 hpop, arp's, sb pushrods, comp 910's, gearhead tunes, e fuel, and valair dual disk clutch
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccf350stroker View Post
Got any friends? That what I use to move it around.
Not really! :P
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 PM
PSN Veteran

yes with 2 people you can lift it on and off a truck or trailer. me and my buddy took my bed off and placed it on a trailer. just take the gate off and one of you get in one wheel well and the other lift from the other wheel well. easy as heck. I would say the wholel thing cant weigh 400 pounds or so, so 200 a piece is a piece of cake.

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuller View Post
yes with 2 people you can lift it on and off a truck or trailer. me and my buddy took my bed off and placed it on a trailer. just take the gate off and one of you get in one wheel well and the other lift from the other wheel well. easy as heck. I would say the wholel thing cant weigh 400 pounds or so, so 200 a piece is a piece of cake.
Huh, I was guessing they'd be 600 or more.. I'm not a good judge of weight! The tailgate is pretty heavy! Thanks for the heads up! With an 8 foot bed how hard is it to keep it from tipping front to back?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 12:10 AM
PSN Veteran

? don't know about long beds... ive only had short beds. Im not real good at judging weight either. I just know my self and my buddy (both about 5'10 200 pounds lifted it with ease. walked back ward about 10 feet. set it down. then tipped it up and flipped it up on its top onto the guy that bought its trailer.

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuller View Post
? don't know about long beds... ive only had short beds. Im not real good at judging weight either. I just know my self and my buddy (both about 5'10 200 pounds lifted it with ease. walked back ward about 10 feet. set it down. then tipped it up and flipped it up on its top onto the guy that bought its trailer.
Well I guess I'll have to try it! Thanks!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 04:39 PM
PSN Local

Depending on where you are, a used bed in good shape can be very reasonable or darn near nothing! ! I am parting several trucks as we speak!!!
Foxman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode