Rust repair with POR-15 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Real Trucks Rattle!

Send a message via Yahoo to Strokin450
Rust repair with POR-15

I am trying to fix some rust on my F150 7700. Well just on the drivers side front part of the bed there is paint bubble, on the bottom of the bed. My plan is to obviously sand down to bare metal and see the damage. I went ahead and bought 1qrt of POR-15. I guess I need to know what steps I need to take to fix this. I can't weld nor do I have a welder so thats not an option. Could I use the 3M panel adhesive in lieu of welding a new small pc of metal in place? I also want to do some sort of lining on the bottom of the truck so what would work better. Undercoating spray or some sort of rhino lining roll or brush on? Would I need to scuff all the paint I will be appling undercoat? What should I do about seems? Much help is appreciated.

96 F250 ECLB Intercooler Mod, , 3" downpipe--> 4" straight pipe, 1.1 A/R housing, TS TW tunes, Skyjacker all 4 corners, Maximum boost/pyro/trans gauges, Ion wheels/Nitto tires,Banks trans command, TQ and Valve body upgrades, 160k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 CRF-450R- It's a HONDA but still wish it was diesel

2006 Honda Rincon 680 mud machine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 01:09 AM
STILL LEARNING

Re: Rust repair with POR-15

Just a FYI. those trucks are know to ROT OUT in that spot. Chances are that blister you see is ROT from the back side. POR is NOT going to help that. You need to cut out and replace the metal

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode