power polisher/buffer - Any recommendations? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

power polisher/buffer - Any recommendations?

Can you guys recommend a polisher/buffer that would be of quality. I want to move beyond hand waxing. Thanks

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 01:57 AM
PSN nerd

Re: power polisher/buffer - Any recommendations?

ive got one of the porter cable random orbits, and a milwaukee polisher i use the milwaukee for big projects or when ive got issues.... i use the random orbit for normal maintence like hand waxing

the only thing i dont like about the porter cable is selection of 6" pads, you can get any pad you can think of for the milwaukee, i usually always use the evercoat pads on it

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 02:30 PM
kb1

I have used the Porter Cable for about 5 years. It is one of the best products on the market.

Adam's Polishes have a great kit to get you started:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-320-2...tials-kit.aspx

kb

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 03:35 PM
PSN nerd

thoose pads are slick im gonna have to get some of them!! ive been just usin my evercoats and getting them as close as i can but its still not close enough

in that case if this is your first buffer i would definately get the porter cable

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 07:19 PM
PSN Local

This is what I use. Very well built and it is the best i have used. http://www.cyclotoolmakers.com/

2003 F-350 CCLB 4x4 6 spd man 5.5 Fabtech, 4"turbo stright piped,DP Tuner, hi-idle,40,60,80,100,120, ATS housing wicked wheel, tymar intake,firestone airbags.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 08:12 PM
PSN nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDF350 View Post
This is what I use. Very well built and it is the best i have used. http://www.cyclotoolmakers.com/

that thing is slick!! it better be for the price i dont think i got that much into both my polishers

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
PSN Veteran

I use a dewalt variable speed. they are the same as snap on, and black and decker.

you did not ask for any advice, but here is a little. use a clay bar to remove all fallout deposits, the wool wheel will burn it into the paint before it removes it completely. try not to use a wool wheel unless you absolutely have to. wool pads leave the wheel marks. use a foam pad from 3m or who ever. there are different grades of foam pads. you can use compound with foam, but you should not really need it unless the paint has alot of nasty scratches or stains. try a small spot with just glaze to see how it will look. and last but not least, always go OFF of the edges, crack open hoods, doors, ect, and use tape on a panel next to the one your buffing when needed. just glaze and foam pad does not burn paint to easily.have fun

02 dmax cc dually 4wd "miss piggy" tow bitch, afe pr7, magnaflow, Kennedy lift pump, dual rail mount filters, PPE tunes
00 f350 srw rc=6100lbs
ats comp housing,bdp 1.0 exhaust,afe pr7,4in turbo back magnaflow,hx cross,di regulated return,bbha,dp hi,40,80e,120r,6.oh no cooler autometer gauges, dual rail mount filters
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 10:11 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE View Post
that thing is slick!! it better be for the price i dont think i got that much into both my polishers

They are alittle pricey. but it will be last one you will ever buy. We use them on planes and they work very well.

2003 F-350 CCLB 4x4 6 spd man 5.5 Fabtech, 4"turbo stright piped,DP Tuner, hi-idle,40,60,80,100,120, ATS housing wicked wheel, tymar intake,firestone airbags.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 02:54 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-330-2...ing-plate.aspx
After seing these yesterday, I think I want to get the Porter Cable and a set of these.

Tom

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 05:30 PM
PSN nerd

im sooo glad they have thoose, i have adapted some evercoat pads to fit mine but thoose are slick!! im gonna order some next week

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode