2 Tone Deletion Project...Need paint help! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak
2 Tone Deletion Project...Need paint help!

ok, so i should allready know the answer to this, but does anyone know how many different variations of black there are for the 250? my truck is black with tan at the bottom, but used to be all black. i want the truck all black by houston, but dont want it looking horrible!

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PMRCM#1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: 2 Tone Deletion Project...Need paint help!

no one?

PMRCM#1
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:55 AM
Go Away I'm Baitin

Send a message via AIM to fishinfool98

rhino line it

06 CCLB SRW grey first mod was PSN sticker

Sailors may come
Sailors may go
Tis the engineer below
That makes it Suck, Push, Bang, and Blow

"Closed due to EXPLOSIVE diarrhea, will be back when the EXPLOSIONS are over!"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 11:02 AM
PSN Veteran

wet sanding will get rid of it, whether they took off the clear coat to put the tan on or not will be the issue, most likely they didn't and just roughed it up. or do the bedliner thing, it doesnt look bad on black trucks

'96 f-250, auto, shackle flip, solid axle, rsk, high/crossover steering, 3.73's, true trac's front and rear, trac bars, gt4202, 7.3 ic, idm mod, ccv mod, A1000, 4-line DIY Gen3, dual ipr's, casserly 350/200's, arp studs, 910's, pushrods, elec. fan, 2-stage nitrous, fluidampr.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

nah i dont want bedliner, i want a clean look. they took the clear off, i allready went through the layers. i just wanted to know if there was more than one shae of black that ford uses

PMRCM#1
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 05:51 PM
OBS junkie

Strip it all off & paint it yellow...you know you wantta!

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 05:58 PM
kinda hot in these rhinos

Send a message via AIM to upinsmoke70

Whats wrong with a two-tone truck?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 06:28 PM
PSN Veteran

find a automotive paint jobber in the phone book. Your going to want to find one that carries PPG or Diamount ( BASF ) paint. Ask them if they have a variant deck for Ford. This is a deck of sprayed out shades of black that you can hold up to your truck to find one that matches best.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:59 PM
DILLIGAFF

Send a message via AIM to Redfish

the way the ford guy explained it to me is... black is one of the more expensive paint jobs, i guess there is a ton of fading that needs to be done even if you just paint a small spot.

2006 F-250 CC King Ranch, Harley Headlights w/ 55w HIDs
ARP studs, MBRP 4" exhaust and AM Colbalts By:
, AFE stg. 2 Pro Guard 7 from XDP, SCT from innovative!
14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

~

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 07:55 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak View Post
ok, so i should allready know the answer to this, but does anyone know how many different variations of black there are for the 250? my truck is black with tan at the bottom, but used to be all black. i want the truck all black by houston, but dont want it looking horrible!

like someone else suggested, go to the automotive paint store, have them look up the color code. i do not have access to that info anymore. many are straight black, no toner, some are tinted with a little color. black and white are not classified as colors.
black and white are also the cheapest for paint! are you going to do it yourself?
if your going to color sand and polish it, make sure you do basecoat/clearcoat, as it sands and buffs very easy compared to single stage. let me know if you need some advice, good luck!

p.s. you will need to sand and then prime with good catalyzed primer so the black will not show the 2 tone feather area, if you don't it will show it for sure, and will haunt you for ever!

02 dmax cc dually 4wd "miss piggy" tow bitch, afe pr7, magnaflow, Kennedy lift pump, dual rail mount filters, PPE tunes
00 f350 srw rc=6100lbs
ats comp housing,bdp 1.0 exhaust,afe pr7,4in turbo back magnaflow,hx cross,di regulated return,bbha,dp hi,40,80e,120r,6.oh no cooler autometer gauges, dual rail mount filters

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode