Anyone have experience with Maaco paintshops? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Anyone have experience with Maaco paintshops?

My truck needs paint, I just want plain white, the body is solid and dent free, and minor surface rust on the bed. I know Maaco has a somewhat bad rep, and I do understand you get what you pay for, but as the truck stands now with a blue/dark blue two tone bed and a white cab, i dont think they could make it worse. But i was wondering has anyone gotten work done there before? Firgured it wouldnt hurt to ask.

1995 F250 single cab 4x4 7.3 287k miles, Mods are : 3inch downpipe/5inch straight pipe, tymar intake, 4 position KEM custom tunes, beans electronic fuel setup with the fuel air seperation system, Stock injectors, stock reman e4od trans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 11:30 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Anyone have experience with Maaco paintshops?

Do your own body work and prep. Remove anything that is not needed to run legal on the road to get you there. Basically just let them spray it, you do everything else.

2002 CCLB 4X4 6" skyjacker lift * Ford AIC * 4" turbo back Diamond Eye exhaust * 6637 mod w/ Donaldson filter * Gauges* No Foil * Edge Insight CTS
1988 Camaro Iroc Z
2000 Polaris Scrambler 4x2 400- Bored out and tuned by DAB Racing
~Andy~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

luckily i have no dents, its just the sanding part, even then i should do it myself? any reason or just because you get what you pay for?

1995 F250 single cab 4x4 7.3 287k miles, Mods are : 3inch downpipe/5inch straight pipe, tymar intake, 4 position KEM custom tunes, beans electronic fuel setup with the fuel air seperation system, Stock injectors, stock reman e4od trans.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 AM
PSN Veteran

Exactly. They still may sand it down quickly but if you do it you know it will be right. Main areas are the hard to get areas like around door handles, windows, cab lights etc. But they can spray it very well. If you do the prep it is just extra insurance.

I have seen their prep work ( or lack of) start to fail after two months. Cracks and flaking.

2002 CCLB 4X4 6" skyjacker lift * Ford AIC * 4" turbo back Diamond Eye exhaust * 6637 mod w/ Donaldson filter * Gauges* No Foil * Edge Insight CTS
1988 Camaro Iroc Z
2000 Polaris Scrambler 4x2 400- Bored out and tuned by DAB Racing
~Andy~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 AM
PSN Veteran

I had my whole truck done by maaco and they did everything including rust removal and repair and it looks awesome. the quality and care as well as the customer service was amazing....could I have gotten better? yes. for the price? not a chance!

Chad

good luck bud. get the best paint options so that your warranty is longer on the paint.

00 F350, 08 clone, 3" cowl hood,billet grilles, 15" lift, 40" SS M16'S, 24X12 Rockstars, 2% tint, EBPV Delete, 4" duals w/7" tips, 6637 intake, WW, CCV Mod, PHP 80,120 race,140 Extreme, stage 1 single shots, 6.0 I/C

Chad
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 11:07 PM
PSN Local

ive seen their work several times and honestly borrow your buddys air compressor and paint it yourself itll be cheaper and youll do a far superior job

00 f350 crewcab dually 4x4
7.3l psd zf6
edge attitude box
4 in turbo back silverline stainless steel
centurion conversion
exhaust brake
bully dog flashed ecm
cold air intake
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 09:27 PM
PSN Local

It was not bad but I did my own prep work. You would lucky if they give your truck a complete sanding before they shoot it..

-Phil

Got core? Get paid NOW...

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 05:04 AM
PSN Veteran

They painted my friends truck and did an alright job. It definitely didn't have that brand new paint job look that I was expecting. It looked like its already been that color for a few years.

2007 F-250 CCLB Lariat FX4 6.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuekear View Post
I just blow my heads off the block once a year. Keeps nice clean antifreeze in it, although not that cost effective it sure is fun.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 PM
PSN Newb

reading several of these responses make me kind of mad cause my hood got keyed and thats the only place near me to paint it that insurance will cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode