Meguiars Detailer Mist - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Meguiars Detailer Mist

I am thinking about getting a bottle of this and giving it a try. I have seen it used on our old jeep after coming from the body shop. But i was wondering if any of you prefer anything else other than the Meguiars brand? I think i read somwhere that you should us a 100% cotton towel, is there anything else that works better?

Andy

I would like to thank F.A.S.T. for helping with the 2008 pulling season.
For all your fire service repair and fabrication needs. Will travel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IDM Info Updated 11/07/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 11:54 PM
<----Colin Banks

Re: Meguiars Detailer Mist

I have it in the truck of my GLI and love it. After using turtle wax ice and mothers spray detailers on my other cars, I use the Meguires now and wont go back. It keeps a deeper gloss than the others.

><>
<><

1996 PSD F-350 crew cab 4x4, 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK- Tuned by DI

2013 F250 4x4 CCLB Platinum Edition
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

alrighty thanks. I just really wanted to hear from people who have tried others. Do you just use a normal micro fiber towel to buff it in?

Andy

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:23 AM
PSN Veteran

I buy the big packages of microfiber towels from Sams Club, and I use those on everything, wheels, glass, interior, removing excessive wax, etc...

As far as the quick detailers such as the mist you mentioned, I have used Meguiars and Mothers.

The Mothers has to be re-applied everytime I wash my truck.

The Meguiars will last 3-4 washed before it wears off and has to be re-applied.

As far as shine, well I can't realy tell a difference between the two since my truck is white.

Just my .02

Early 1999 (4/98) 7.3, Automatic, f-250 superduty, 4x4, crewcab, shortbed.

CCV Mod
knn intake
banks exhaust
banks power elbo
banks turbo housing
big head waste gate-disconnected
Tuning by

4 gauge pod with DiPricol pyro, boost, trans temp, HPOP

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 03:09 AM
28 cent #2

I use the one made by eagle one its in a blue bottle
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 03:17 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_gt_350 View Post
alrighty thanks. I just really wanted to hear from people who have tried others. Do you just use a normal micro fiber towel to buff it in?
I just use the blue shop towels for everything lol. They seem to do the job for me and I'm REALLY picky.

97 f250, ext cab, MBRP 4'' SS exhaust, 200/30's, D66 1.0 housing, Swamps IDM, ARP head studs, 910 valve springs, Smith bros push rods, Irate Efuel, Built E40D

2010 CCSB 6.4 IDP tuned
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Alright thanks for the help. I'll grab a bottle and try it out on the bike in a few days

Andy

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:38 PM
PSN Veteran

Adam's Polishes. Compared to most "off the shelf" stuff, they are a little more expensive, but let me tell you, once you use'em, you'll never go back. I have used their wax in straight sun light on 100deg day, and it wipes off just as easy as if it were in the shade and cool outside. Their detail spray works great and is awesome when sprayed on the car when wet and use it to help with the drying! Gives an amazing shine for something sooo easy to use. Really helps washing it the next time that much easier.

Plus, Adam's is a PSN sponsor now!

1999.5 F-250 XLT Crew Cab Short Box
4X4 7.3L Powerstroke
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 12:46 AM
shake and bake baby!!

i use the meguiars on truck, car, toolbox, etc... i love it. i just use microfiber towels to wipe it out. works really good.

2006 F-350 stock until warranty is up
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 12:47 AM
PSN Mega Miler

I use the stuff on my cars and trucks.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode