Front Window Tint Strip help! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Front Window Tint Strip help!

I just ordered a "brow" tint strip off ebay, 10$ and precut to my truck. Problem is I have my keyless entry antenna, rear view mirror, and the factory "super duty" logo along with that black speckled crap on the inside. I would like to put it on the outside but would it defeat the purpose of the tint? I know some tint can only go on one way or it doesnt really work. I know of a guy that had a vinyl shop computer cut him some thick black vinyl for the outside of his window to look like a brow. Anyone have any helpful ideas or info on this topic?

08 F350 CCSB, Newton Level, 6000K HID, Custom Harley lights, 4" Turbo back 6" Axle Dump, Spartan 300 LL, S&B, Blocker Plates, MBRP CAC, CCV Mod, BMF Novakanes, Toyo MTs. Future: Suncoast Internals & RCD TC, AirDog II, Batmo Wheels, and No Limit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 05:15 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Front Window Tint Strip help!

I just got mine done and had no problem. I think it would look kind of funny on the outside, I've never seen that done before. I was worried about it not sticking to the speckled stuff too, but so far it seems to be holding up. And wow $10? If you want a good laugh ask me what I paid for it

2007 F-250 CCLB Lariat FX4 6.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuekear View Post
I just blow my heads off the block once a year. Keeps nice clean antifreeze in it, although not that cost effective it sure is fun.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Administrator

the tint on the outside would fail ..specially in the rain ,,

the mirror and stuff come off easy ,,or let a tint guy install it for you ? I know I would

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM
PSN Local

I did my tint to save a few bucks and NEVER again will I make that mistake. It just aint worth the pain in my azz to get it right. Having shoulder surgery 10 days before didnt help either. Leave it to the pros.

06 F250 4x4 ecsb, lowered 2", 6 Autometer Phantom 2's, Accufab Elbow, Zoodad, Airaid, Magnaflow 4"dp 5" pipe 7" short stack, Studs, Egr delete, sneaky pipe, regulated fuel return, 6.4 banjo bolts, Moderate FICM, High idle and foglight mods, Bilsteins, Sulastic shackles, DIY Harley headlights and traction bars. 8.76 1/8th
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Administrator

I love seeing vehicles that are obviously DIY tint lol

I also tried it once lol

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:23 PM
PSN Veteran

I want to see whose tinting over the dot matrix and superduty on the top middle. pics from outside the truck please.

ive been wanting to do a brow again but i have tint over the dot matrix so i think im going to have the film cut around that area.

04 F250 - 6.UHOH. Studded and Deleted By PSE, Fueled by Warren and Aeromotive, and Tuned by Gearhead.
08 Tacoma Work truck. V6 Power nothing, Radio, AC, and 4x4
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:25 PM
PSN Veteran

I would check out your local tint guy to do it for you, i know we only charge 45$ for the brow, we cut them around the mirror and everything.

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:26 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokedkid87 View Post
I would check out your local tint guy to do it for you, i know we only charge 45$ for the brow, we cut them around the mirror and everything.
and the superduty portion?

04 F250 - 6.UHOH. Studded and Deleted By PSE, Fueled by Warren and Aeromotive, and Tuned by Gearhead.
08 Tacoma Work truck. V6 Power nothing, Radio, AC, and 4x4
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Nose picker

I put my tint over the Superduty dots and never once had a problem. Know 3 others that have and they have yet to have any issues. I would buy some great quality tint because that cheap ebay stuff will fade and probably need to be replaced in a year and I'm sure scraping the adhesive off the dots will be a pain. Mine is going on 5 years and still looks good.

02 F250 cc/sb 7.3 2wd 4R100
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agjake11 View Post
and the superduty portion?
i mean you could cut the super duty part out, but its dark so im not sure you would see it so well and idk if its worth the hastle of cutting ...we did my entire windshield and i couldnt even see the superduty so i opted to leave it covered.

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode