clay bar... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to blk99
clay bar...

can it be done one day and then be waxed a few days later... or have to all be done at once if possible???

wondering cause I have time in a few days to bar the truck but then I wont be able to wax it till a couple days later....

thanks
~Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 03:13 AM
Stimulated

Re: clay bar...

You should really do it right after, but I don't think it will be a big deal. I did that a few times with my old car.

1995 Chevrolet C1500 6.5

1995 Z28 w/ 2.73's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 03:13 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

it would be best to do it all at the same time. and wash it with dawn before you clay it

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PMRCM#1

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 03:17 AM
Proud Sponsor

just clay and wax small sections at a time..

such as fenders..then doors..then bedsides..thats how I did mine..seemed alot easier..I got burned out real fast but the end result was very well worth it..

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 11:29 AM
PSN Local

You should really do it all at the same time. Claying doesn`t really take that long. You should check out some Adam`s products before you do it , man there stuff ROCKS!!!

MY 2002 f250 4x4 larait crew cab short bed. 12.5" Icon lift w/ OneUpOffroad 5" traction bar block system. Mickey thompso 38X15.50R18 tires on Weld Dune 8 18x10 wheels. Custom pearl silver &purple flame paint, MBRP 4" T-304 SS cool dual exhaust w/ custom made T-304SS flame tips, AFE stage 2intake. Way More!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 02:10 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

if you do it right, it does take a long time. not to mention he has a crew cab long bed dually. i did matt's truck with help from him half assing it, and we spent a good 6 hours on it. and his is a shortbus.

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

PMRCM#1
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:44 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

I think you would be fine if the truck was inside where it was not dusty to clay one day and they wax the next day. I also found that is did not take all that long to clay the truck and was happy with the results.

Tom

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:56 AM
JDG's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to 99F250Smitty

Does one of the small pieces of clay do the whole truck? Or does it get all gummed up? Can you only use the clay once or can you use it on another vehicle? What kits are you guys using? Mequires? Mothers? Adams?

Brian

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to blk99

I will definatly get Adams next time...the Adama bar is 2.5 times the size of the Meguires and Mothers bars for about the same price....and better product from what I have heard...

I am useing the mothers bar... it is only a tiny 80 gram bar... I split it in half.... this first half has done the whole passenger side (and my truck is BAD + its a CC LB Dually) and i think it will do at least the tailgate and MAYBE the hood...
so yes it should...

I dont see why you couldnt use it on another car but I am no expert....

but I say GO ADAMS!!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:26 PM
PSN Local

I guess it would take along time if you don`t keep your truck very clean. I keep mine pretty clean and it doesn`t take that long to do. Again I don`t think 5-6 hours is really all that long. Adam`s is the way to go though!!

MY 2002 f250 4x4 larait crew cab short bed. 12.5" Icon lift w/ OneUpOffroad 5" traction bar block system. Mickey thompso 38X15.50R18 tires on Weld Dune 8 18x10 wheels. Custom pearl silver &purple flame paint, MBRP 4" T-304 SS cool dual exhaust w/ custom made T-304SS flame tips, AFE stage 2intake. Way More!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode