Top coat - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
All done now

Top coat

The tops of my rear fenders have white places on them from clear coat deteriorating, what can I use to clean this up and not hurt the black paint.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:46 PM
PSN Local

Re: Top coat

If its in the bubble peeling stage it might be to late. Just some discoloring can be fixed. I Like Wizards micro finshing avalible at most parts stores and any paint shops. I use this after I wet sand a car or piece. Dont sand it just use some soft paper towels and the micro polish and rubb untill gone then use a clean paper towel to buff off residue. I have found that the blue paper shop towels work the best.

99 ExCab Sb 6spd pulling truck (PULL-N-PRAY)

08 cclb
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 05:39 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
The tops of my rear fenders have white places on them from clear coat deteriorating, what can I use to clean this up and not hurt the black paint.
if it flakes off with your thumb nail its pretty much toast. white means pretty much toast too. sorry, if you were close i would fix it for you andy.

can you paint? your truck is black right, might be straight black, no match needed.

02 dmax cc dually 4wd "miss piggy" tow bitch, afe pr7, magnaflow, Kennedy lift pump, dual rail mount filters, PPE tunes
00 f350 srw rc=6100lbs
ats comp housing,bdp 1.0 exhaust,afe pr7,4in turbo back magnaflow,hx cross,di regulated return,bbha,dp hi,40,80e,120r,6.oh no cooler autometer gauges, dual rail mount filters
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
All done now

Yeah it's black. I think it is just the clear coat coming off from sun exposure.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Don't EFN worry about it

Andy when I get settled in up here I will come and fix it for ya I can spray some decent paint.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
All done now

Thanks Allen.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Yeah it's black. I think it is just the clear coat coming off from sun exposure.
Andy, the tops of mine are gone too, clear and black, and my roof. The 99 black I guess doesn't hang to well in the sun. My fenders are peeling off completely and the roof is heavily orange peel cracked. I'm looking at a full paint job in the not to distant future. Around me though, they want big bucks for painting a crew cab dually!

aka - Grumpy .. aka - Bubba Grump .. aka - Bubba .. aka - Grumpy Old F... . . A "slow" fatass 9K Dually.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
All done now

I hit a spot of it with some polishing compound. It cleans up really good. I think all I am going to need is polishing compound and elbow grease. Then some wax on top to protect it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode