removing windshield and backwindow - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

removing windshield and backwindow

How hard is it to remover the backwindow and windshield?
Im gonna be painting the truck soon, Just wondering if anyone has removed them befour?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:37 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: removing windshield and backwindow

I am intrested in this also.

07 ford f250
Josh Vandyke
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:52 AM
PSN Local

you have to cut the windshield out and the back glass is just mounted in rubber you just have to work it out of the rubber

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw 4017 View Post
you have to cut the windshield out and the back glass is just mounted in rubber you just have to work it out of the rubber

So on the windshield do I just need to run a razor blade or something along it? Also were can you get the stuff to glue it back into place?

On the back window is there a certain direction it comes out? I imagine you pull it out from the back of the cab not threw the cab correct?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 03:36 AM
they call me tater salad

you need a special tool to remove the windshield, you can make one by sharpening a sawzall blade but you have to be careful with that because you can very easily wreck other things, as for the rear window two screw drivers will work start in one corner and very carefully start prying the window out of the rubber be very careful not to pry too hard the window will break without much warning, and just keep moving along dont try to pry it out all at once from one spot

08 white cclb 4" straight pipe into 8'mitre cut black stack,dpf delete,egr delete,arp studs,6" fabtech lift,metal mulisha wheels wrapped im 37" toyos,sct running extremex,kenwood double din running two ten inch type r through a m1000,homemade front and rear bumpers, beamers hids
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ok. Ive talked to serval people and some said go ahead and pull them and some said you dont really have to. I may just pull the back one out I havent decided yet
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 06:34 PM
PSN Local

i just recently had my front windsheild replaced because of a crack. When the guy was removing mine it cracked all to pieces along the edges were he used his tool to cut the glue and seperate it. He may have been rough on it because it was being replaced but it still took him a little while and didnt look to easy.

2002 F250 7.3 ccsb
300/200s
s468
Gen 3, HFHV IDM
[email protected] on fuel
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinstroker92 View Post
i just recently had my front windsheild replaced because of a crack. When the guy was removing mine it cracked all to pieces along the edges were he used his tool to cut the glue and seperate it. He may have been rough on it because it was being replaced but it still took him a little while and didnt look to easy.
Yeah the more I think about it im gonna just leave the windshield in and tape off carefully around the roof. But I think im still gonna take the back window out theres a lot more area around it that youll see quite a bit and I dont want the paint to start to peel up around it in a few years

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode