Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

HPOP question

692 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  joserollin 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

I got a 97 f250 356k on the clock my issue is from a light wot my truck Boggs down my torque app reads 1,300 instantly on my HPOP gauge and through the rpms makes it all the way to 2,450 but if I’m cruising and I go wot my HPOP spikes 2,550 instantly and holds 2,490 or so and my truck responds with no issues I have installed
new IPR new ford ICP and CPS I don’t have issues starting it fires right up No miss fires idles smooth has anyone had issues like this before what else could I look at or is my HPOP done for?

#2 ·
I'm curious about this as well, my truck has some similar issues. It may very well be a fuel restriction? Do you have a way to measure the fuel pressure?

Perhaps off the line you don't build enough fuel pressure quickly, however while cruising, you have sufficient pressure?

#3 ·
When I bought the truck the fuel pump was bad so I replaced it about 9 months ago I was hoping that was gonna fix the issue but it didn’t past weekend I took the whole fuel bowl out cleaned it up and also took apart the fpr and removed the metal filter that is on top of the return line to the tank just to see if that was the issue and nothing I also have it shimmed I don’t have a gauge to measure the fuel pressure down the road but I did check it at idle and revving it up at the house and I’m having 60-80 psi at idle so I’m honestly at a lost. have you done anything to figure out your issue ?

#4 ·
What is ur Ipr percentage running that will tell alot about how hard the pump is working to build enough pressure. if the ipr reading is always high then the pump is weak.

Explosive Diarrhea not ur friend but a great weight loss tool.[emoji1787]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.