PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - View Single Post - The Centaurus Resurrection
View Single Post
post #47 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 03:59 AM
BBslider001
Native Californian

Re: The Centaurus Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgetruck2 View Post
Im still trying to decide whats going on there, i need to wash it all off now and start fresh its been greasy since day one for me, i did have a pretty significant fuel leak from the filter minder sensor which i eliminated, all that fuel blowing back orginally had me convinced my turbo seals were pushing oil since thats where it pooled and dripped off the Y boot but since that delete i have no longer noticed a drip from the turbo, truck is surprisingly pretty drip free for a 7.3, power steering pump leaks which sounds like a common issue, ive been putting it off as i read there is a better pump swap out there just haven't researched it much or sourced out parts for the conversion, saginaw pump i think is what i read about

https://www.offroadxtreme.com/engine...-fix-and-more/
The easiest thing to do, and what I've done in the past, is just take a can of brake cleaner and start spraying all that firewall. It's just metal heat shield material and it will clean right off and then you can sort of start from there and see if you do have any leaks. Nice work so far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Byron
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
1997 F-350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 PSD, Heavily Modded SOLD
1995 F-350 CCLB SRW, ZF 5-Speed, 4x4, Stock, SOLD
1997 F-250 SC Flatbed, ZF 5-Speed, Stock, SOLD
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome