Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Oil Filter Housing Trim

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Xcursion813 
#1 ·
Hey this may be out there somewhere but im not sure what to type to find it. So bare with me if this is out there....

I did the BPD Oil Cooler with the external oil filter. I would like to do the fuel bowl delete but not right now, ive already spent WAY to much. I know there isnt an big benefit from it but has anyone trimmed off the oil filter housing? and just left the oil filter base with the fuel filter housing attached? the idea being that I gain a little room.

In the attached picture you might be able to see the black on black line ive drawn. (Son took my paint pen)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I agree, i think thats something im looking for also. Is there someone that has done this and benefited from it? or should i leave it as a place to store my weed.

I didnt know if someone thought, 'Heck yea! you can get to this and that easier' or that the .02lbs stripped off really helps give the truck a little bit more umph! lol

Also its not like this would take a lot of effort to do.

Reactions: Turd-250
#4 ·
Yea, if you think you'll be taking the turbo out a lot between now and whenever you get the RR kit, I can see that. I would just leave it then sell it when I get the regulated return, but like you said, it probably wont take much time or effort to do.

#5 ·
I’ve got the Sinister regulates fuel return kit. It uses the factory fuel filter housing and the main reason I want to keep it. If I could afford a lift pump then I would just add that and delete the bowl altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Ok so got this guy cut up for those that care. It made a big difference for me. I’m enjoying the extra space that’s created.

However, this housing came off eBay with some sinister parts. This unit is a ‘04.5-‘07 which uses a banjo bolt for the fuel in. Not knowing that I cut this one up to save my original. I got it all fixed up and ready to go only to realize it won’t work with my ‘03 fuel lines...

#8 ·
Got this all done. Trimming the oil filter housing out allowed for more room to be able to re-tighten the BPD oil hose fittings and change sensors.

For me it was worth the time, hope this worthless thread helps someone else out later. :)

Reactions: Zmann
#9 ·
You can cut it off or purchase a 6.4l oil Filter housing for around $100 new which doesn’t have the fuel bowl or filter on it. Another option is getting the E350 oil Filter housing which removes both filters from up there and mounts the oil filter remotely

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.