Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

PATS Wiring Schematics

31K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  1970something 
#1 ·
Good day. I have imported a 2003 4.6 & 5.4 V8 engines and Transmissions, complete with the original PCM, Transponder key and Transceiver module. There is 4 wires on the Transceiver modules and I have no clue of which wire is #1 to #4. I need a wiring diagram for each wire, as per the attached, which are +12v, Ground, TX and RX to enable the PATS function to be able to start the engine. Thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I can get those for you

Pats is pretty simple but 2003 Superduty is new to me. I am familiar with the 98-02 Explorer and Ranger platform

Does your Pats system consist of the key/halo for the ignition, the PCM and also the PATS module?
Or in 2003 there is no module just the key/halo and the PCM

Pats basically wires in like this:
Two wires go to serial bus + and -
these are the communication wires to the PCM, I usually wire them in at the OBD2 port

there is a theft light feed wire for the instrument cluster
there are 4 wires go directly from PATS module to key/halo

There are three wires left, a ground, a constant power and a ACC switched power

That's it!

let me see if I can get the wiring diagrams for your 2003 triton trucks

#7 ·
I have a 2007 F 150 supercrew 5.4 V8 engines and Transmissions, complete with the original PCM, Transponder key and Transceiver module. There is 4 wires on the Transceiver modules and I have no clue of which wire is #1 to #4. I need a wiring diagram for each wire, as per the attached, which are +12v, Ground, TX and RX to enable the PATS function to be able to start the engine. Thanks in advance
[/QUOTE]

#3 ·
Hi 410customs. Thank you for the reply. The PCM systems I have consists only of the key/halo and the PCM, same as per the first attached thumbnail. I have 2 types of connectors;
1) White connector: Transceiver module (F8SB-15607-AC) which the wire colour coding are; Brown/Orange, Red/Black, Violet/Blue and Brown/Orange, no indication of pin numbers,
2) Green connector: Transceiver module (3W1T-15607-AA) which the wire colour coding are; Pin #1=Red, Pin #2=Green, Pin #3=Blue and Pin #4=White. I assume the following on the green connector, as numbering is visible: Pin #1=12v, Pin #2=Gnd, Pin #3=Rx and Pin #4=Tx

#4 ·
Pretty sure this is reffered to as PAT's type B, replacing the earlier PATS type A
Let me get some wiring schematics out for you, it should be fairly simple to wire into the truck, the PCM just needs to talk to the key halo and compare notes
I have talked about the PATS B system before but never wired one in, I do have the basic wiring downstairs in a book or notes...let me dig it up

#5 ·
Okay I believe your 03 uses PATS type "E"
Here is a basic wiring schematic, this should allow you to wire in your key halo, theft light and PCM

#8 ·
The plug to the PATS transceiver is green and has 4 wires to it I need to know what color wire goes where in this plug. There is a #4 one end and a #1 on other end where wires go. Someone pulled the wires out of the plug I need to know how to put them back in right.