Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Leaf Spring Removal

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  scarlet_nape 
#1 ·
So I apparently mistakenly thought Mikey told me he had removed one of the two leaf springs from each side of the front of his 7.3 to drop it about an inch. :doh: I started doing the same last night so now I'm just gonna go ahead and do it anyway and see what happens. I held on to all the hardware so I can put it back like it was if need be.

Has anyone done this before or does anyone foresee a problem with it? Thanx!

#4 ·
Very bad Idea Danny

#9 ·
I hear a hold my beer and what this moment coming up. That would make me very nervous.

#10 ·
Lol, well luckily it's raining so there won't be any racing tonight so I can start putting it back to normal. I'll probably go ahead and finish putting it together with the spring removed first though, just to see what it looks like and maybe take it around the block. I'll take pics. :D

#15 ·
I actually run this set up but with drop shackles , because of the massive negative arch, on my gasser big block pulling truck with up to 2000 pounds hanging on the front end. I just use long bumpstops with poly bumpers setting about 1 inch of travel. Been using it for many years, truck is a street truck too. Rides real nice. Oh, BTW they are even small block springs.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Transport

#16 ·
I chickened out. :D

#19 ·
:badidea: a lowering kit would be best, that way you get a little pice of mind imo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.