Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Can't decided between BFG A/T or Pro Comp Xtreme A/T?

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  06powerstroke 
#1 ·
I need new tires for my truck and I can't decided which tires I should get. I can get either the BFG A/Ts or the Pro Comp Xtreme A/Ts for roughly the same price. I have BFG A/Ts on my truck right now and have had good luck with them. The Pro Comps are a directional tire, but also come with a 40k prorated warranty. I don't do any wheelin with my truck, I just need a tire that has good road manners, does well in the snow, and will last long. Any thoughts or opinions on either tire? I know the BFGs are a good tire, how do the Pro Comps compare?

Thanks

#2 ·
I have ran both of those tires. I would go with the BFG as they wear OK, good road manners, and great in snow. If you did more wheeling off road, I would say go with the pro comps (awesome trail tire) I still run them under my 79 bronco. You didnt mention any heavy towing though..............

#3 ·
I run the PRO COMPs 35x12.5x18 with great results so far. I rotate them at my oil changes, they aren't too loud on the road, the wide open tread pattern and the load rating is what I want in this size tire. I have the fronts at 60 PSI and the rears at 55 PSI.

#4 ·
I have never ran the Pro Comps but i can tell ya i wasn't to impressed with the BFG's I had. they wore good but traction sucked with them.

What size tire are you wanting? Best tire I have ever ran was a Bridgestone Revo. And would have ran them this time if they made them in a 35x12.50 so im running Yokohama Geolander A/T's now and they are damn good tires and the 2nd best of tires I have had.

#6 ·
IMHO the tread life seemed to be the same but I liked the road manners of the BFG. They seemed to ride a little smoother on the road and stop a little qwicker in the snow.

#8 ·
Good point Countryboyrob. I know this is a little off topic as the origional ? was "BFGs are a good tire, how do the Pro Comps compare?" Personally I run goodyear at extreme (315/70/17) for everyday driving/ tow purpose. but on the fun weekends I run 37" military wrangler M/T
In the end I guess its personel pref.:shrug:

#14 ·
I think the pro-comps have a 40,000 mile warranty, but I may be wrong...

I have 35" Xtreme A/T's and I love them. I had the BFG's on my last truck, they were OK, I will for sure buy the Procomps again when it is time.

#11 ·
can you run 315/70/16 on a stock setup?
well I never tryed the BFG'S but I run the revos,the revos are a great road tire! They are even better on wet roads! they only thing I dont like about them they dont like wet grass:doh: but other than wet grass they great in the snow and mud!

#13 ·
id go BFG, i ve ran them in mud, snow, sand, road never had a problem, great plowing tire, and they dont mind wet grass. i got about 40k out of them too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.