Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Rim Spacing Problem

673 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BUFF 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just bought some new rims and tires for the truck but I need some info on spacing. The new rims have a 5" backspacing and my stock rims are 4" so I am prepared to get spacers. However, if I get a 1" or 1.5" inch spacer, my studs will stick through and I will have to grind them down to make the new rims sit flush. But then what happens in the winter when I want to take the rims off and put the stocks back on for winter? Will there be enough thread left on the studs for my lugs to hodl enough? Does anyone know how far you can grind down before its too little stud left for the stock rims?

Thanks

#3 ·
i rand a few wheels with a 5" back space and never really had any problems. i was running 35's for a while and only problem was that it rubbed the fender every once and awhile

#4 ·
Im running 17x8 rims with 35". I was considering a 2" spacer, but I don't really want the tires to sit that far out passed my fenders, so I was going to go with a 1.5" spacer. But I'm guessing the only way to get around the problem is to go with a 2"?

#5 ·
Roll with a 2" spacer and put some badass bushwacker fender flares on her!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.