Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2008 F350 TUG

3K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Cat_Rebel 
#1 ·
ahahahah nowwww this is a Grillguard!!
F350 Tug

notice the seamless integration of support bracket to side steps, the beautifuly feminine yet "i can stand up to whatever you run me into" lines of 2" tube steel goodness as the support bars floooowww down to the nerfbars... lol i would hate to be on the receiving end of that.

#6 ·
They have like 7.xx gears in the axles and the only the first 3 gears in the tranmissions are used (if i remember correctly) so yeah, top speed at redline is like 30mph.

At my last job we had the kind with the wrap around bumper too but this is all i have a picture of.

#10 ·
I dont know what the time difference is, i just google it before i call home :D if it helps we are a 6 hour flight south of New Zealand... thats at C17 speed though.

10-20*F (before wind chill) nice and warm, we are comming up to the summer months dont forget.

#13 ·
Never seen a dodge but all those other tugs have cummins in them. Yea if that 08 were used for aircraft it would have a pintle on the front.

#14 ·
We actually had 30 or so 96-98 Dodge 3500s that were equiped the same and did have the Cummins. We also had about 6 2000 F350s with the 7.3 and the new 2005s were starting to replace them all just because the fleet was getting so old. I dont have any pictures of the dodge trucks.

The cummins is a GREAT engine but the truck fell apart around the drivetrain.

And, like already mentioned, the Bobtails only pulled around generators, light carts, etc.

#15 ·
My buddy had one of there for awhile. It has a little Nissan non turbo Diesel. Never got to drive it & he sold it. There is another one around here though.
CJ10 2wd Dana 70 auto with a transfer case locked in low range to even further reduce the gears.

#22 ·
Calm down buddy, you arn't out trucking right now. Grab another beer & relax! :D
Just remember these words.....
"No it not just a jeep thing.....yes I understand.....& no I won't pull you out of the mud!"

#23 ·
Sweet last time any body got stuck and I was asked to help pull them out(Back when I had my 79 chevy short bed on 38.5 gumbos) I drove around in circles splattering mud on them them jerked the crap out of them. :pointlaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.