Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New here need help please.

354 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AKPS2SC 
#1 ·
Hey all, Long time reader first time poster as my trucks been pretty good to me until last night when I had to be towed home. It’s a 2009 F-250 XL w/116k miles on it. I fear I may have caused this, let me tell you what it did then what I did. Driving home from work in heavy traffic check engine light comes on, she loses all power real fast while blowing massive amounts of white smoke till it come to a stop and won’t go anymore, will idle but that’s it. Limped it off the road barley but now it’s blowing black smoke under the hood from what appears where the turbo bolts up to engine. It limps a few feet and engine dies, won’t accept any throttle, while idling barely any exhaust coming out the tail pipe and the dpf/cat area sound like an air compressor dumping 200psi while there’s still black sooty smoke coming from turbo area. Now here’s what I did, I started ordering all the delete parts for this truck. While waiting for the exhaust to get here I installed the H&S xrt pro and downloaded the dpf delete but left all oem parts intact, thinking only driving about 30 miles or so tops before doing the delete pipe and egr delete wouldn’t hurt but, I was dead wrong. Any idea of what’s going on, would be greatly appreciated. I’m hoping once all the parts get here and I replace the exhaust and egr shell fire right up, but afraid I damaged it pretty good and won’t be the case. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Oh should mention this truck just recently moved from Alaska to Charleston SC where it went from long driving to congested city traffic.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.