Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Exhaust fluid system fault

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  1970something 
#1 ·
Hello and thanks for your time, I'm new to the site as well to the diesel world.
I recently purchased a SCT GTX & a 2015 powerstroke 6.7 super duty. Since I hooked it up the truck throws a "exhaust fluid system fault" which has the truck stuck in limp mode.
The truck did have a previous owner who put on a 4 inch turbo back straight exhaust & I'm to new to know if they did anything else.
Then the only thing I did was add a K&N filter to the air box.
The truck ran great no issues until I installed the SCT GTX. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time

#2 ·
if it has a turbo back straight pipe on it, there is no DEF injector or sensors on it and you will get the codes unless the tune is setup for Def delete.

also go back to the stock filter and get rid of that piece of crap k&n filter. they let way too much fines in and will dust the turbo and engine if you get into a dusty environment.
the stock factory filter will let in more air than the engine will ever need.

#5 ·
Absolutely K&N are the world's worst filter. I have a 6.7 as well as some OBS trucks. One better idea Ford had on the 6.7 is they built a good air filter assembly. I have many doubts about the rest of the 6.7 as they have too many Gremlins in the electrical system.
My suggestion to the OP be if'n you gonna keep the deleted 6.7 better study the truck or have an honest mechanic that won't stick it in your backside like some might.
Good luck with the truck you'll like it I am not knocking Ford or nothing but I mechaniced a lot of years bumper to bumper all makes and I cussed FoMoCo electronics many many many many times. Usually before I would open the hood...:mad: Delco, they make good stuff just the rest of the truck is junk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.