New To Fords - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

New To Fords

First, I'd like to say thanks for having me. I have never owned (and still don't, I'm a GM guy) a Ford of any kind. I stand to "inherit" my Father In Law's one owner 1997 Ford F250 HD CCSB 4x4 at some point so I have started lurking around this site to get the skinny on what upgrades are worth the squeeze and where to source parts, reliable vendors, etc. I've already read a decent amount on here though I'm not sure I know what most of it means. I've never owned a diesel myself but have used many of them for work. I'm just here to learn and ask questions and i needed to make an account in order to see some of the pictures that are posted here. Anyways, thanks again for having me and I appreciate any help or advice that I receive here. See y'all around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 06:37 PM
PSN intsigator

Re: New To Fords

Welcome to the nation from WNC

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks! I'm glad to be here.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:09 AM
Project Shamu

Welcome welcome. The mod bug seems to have already bit you! You'll fit in in no time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 378,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:18 AM
PSN Veteran

Howdy and welcome! Gotta love an OBS Ford, I hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by the model bug but I'm sure I found a way to mess something up so no hard feelings on my part
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks! I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I'm in Arkansas so at least if there's anything that is way over my head I can reach out to BTS. I spoke with a woman there today and she was extremely pleasant and helpful. I'm a big believer in first impressions so they've got my business when the time comes. Plus, I always buy local if I can.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 04:04 AM
PSN Veteran

Mod Bug:

Loose term among truck owners,

Meaning the obsessive and contagious need to "modify" ones truck,

Be it for more horsepower, fuel economy, weight handling capabilities, dependability, impressing the opposite sex, having something different, having something like someone else's, making it your own, looks, coolness, general bada$$ness, or sometimes, just for something to do.

No judgement here, I think we all have it to some degree.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 04:38 AM
Project Shamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustALurker View Post
Thanks! I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I'm in Arkansas so at least if there's anything that is way over my head I can reach out to BTS. I spoke with a woman there today and she was extremely pleasant and helpful. I'm a big believer in first impressions so they've got my business when the time comes. Plus, I always buy local if I can.
BTS is a great place, the woman working the phones is extremely knowledgeable and very nice, and I guess Brian aint that bad either haha.

1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 378,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Oh, wow. Sorry, I thought you were referring to forum mods. Yes, that's definitely me, though, I always try to do mods that I consider tasteful and practical. My daily driver 2017 Silverado looks absolutely bone stock from the outside and it pretty much is. I've added under seat storage, exhaust tip, cold air intake tube (not full kit), LED bed lights, tonneau cover, tie down rings, black bowties and full aluminum skid plates that I sanded, primed and bedlined black. Nothing too crazy at all. I intend to do the same with the Ford once I get it. I'm mainly just looking to improve on a few things that Ford overlooked such as insulation and sound deadening, intercooler, spring and shackle kit, slightly larger injectors and turbo. I just want a clean truck to drive around and have Ford guys drooling on the weekends . I doubt many women even notice what type of truck a man drives unless they are trying to gauge his income levels and those types are usually more into the guy driving a Range Rover or similar.

I just want the slickest CCSB in my town but I'm sure it will take me a while to get there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode