Any one with any ideas? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Any one with any ideas?

Hey guys! Kinda new to the diesel world. I currently own a 1996 F350 7.3 TD (I had a 1997 of the same thing before but with only minor issues) I bought my truck so we could start our concrete company. It is an old tree company truck. When I bought it all it needed was new batteries. Ran and drove fine for the first 3 months. Replaced the water pump and fuel pump. About 2 months ago it we were driving down the road and it started stalling switched tanks and it ran fine for about a month on the one tank. We did a fuel treatment to it and changed the fuel filter. Now it will idle all day until it runs out of gas just fine. No issues at all when idling. How ever once you try to drive down the road it will go about a 1/4 mile and sputter and stall. It used to take a few turn overs and we would be able to gimp that little way back home. Now once it stalls there is no bringing back to life. We let it set for about a week go out put the batteries in and pray it starts. Most times it will automatically start, some times it will sputter a few times and after a few tries it will turn over and idle. But still wont drive down the road. We have no clue what is going on. Talked to a few mechanics and keep getting told many differant things. Just trying to narrow the field.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 09:55 PM
PSN intsigator

Re: Any one with any ideas?

Welcome to the nation.

Any smoke when cranking over, what does your ICP, and IPR read, does your tach move when cranking. What is your fuel pressure.

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode