P0107 DTC and boost gauge stuck at 40psi - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

P0107 DTC and boost gauge stuck at 40psi

I recently did an egr delete, 4" down pipe back exhaust and h&s mini max. I finished it up, downloaded the tune deleting the emissions took it for a test drive and the next time I started it I was getting the p0107 and high boost reading. I did some research and read it might be the map sensor so I replaced it and still no change. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Luddite in Charge

Re: P0107 DTC and boost gauge stuck at 40psi

I'm gonna take a wild stab and guess this is a 6.4, right? @tjctransport please move this where it belongs

When you took the horizontal cooler off did a bunch of goo come out? When you do a proper EGR delete you should cut out the cross-tube that comes off the 'Y' behind the turbo and relocate the backpressure sensor that was right at the flange behind wherre that cooler bolted on to up top at that 'y' behind the turbo. It gets clogged and the MAP and that EBP sensor work together, comparing what goes in to what's coming out. When people delete the EGR and just put that plate at the bottom of that flange where the horizontal cooler was it builds up condensation and the sensor doesn't work right.

The right way to do it is to eliminate that pipe altogether and unbolt the two 10mm flange bolts behind the turbo and install that blocking plate there, drilled and tapped to accommodate the sensor. You have to undo the valve cover bolt that holds it down but good news, the tube that leads to it is the perfect length to swing up and around and reach where it needs to go.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: P0107 DTC and boost gauge stuck at 40psi

Sorry for the incomplete post I made it late last night I have a 2012 f250 with the 6.7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode