Nice to be here - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Nice to be here

I have an 05 f350 with 04 6.0 psd. I just got it a week ago knowing it needed an hpop. I used ether to get it started and drove it home and to work the next day. I was driving and it shut off on me. Hasn’t started since and it’s been a week. I just did the hpop and still crank no start. I just got the scan gauge II today and programmed it. Everything reads normal with key on engine off. But no icp values at all. When cranking the fmp doesn’t go below 47 and I get sync. Upon programming it the website says icp won’t work and to use icv. Idk what those values should be. But I’d really like to see icp to see if it’s building correct pressure. Now while I’m cranking the motor I see ipr get up to 84.7. I’m not sure if that’s bad. I do know I have a low batteries and a bad one. So I am getting the one charged and the bad one replaced. This is my first diesel and I don’t know anything about them. Any help would be nice. I also have an email out to scan gauge to see why I can’t use icp and I will be calling them tomorrow as well. PLEASE HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 10:07 AM
alleged moderator

Re: Nice to be here

welcome to PSN.
it is best to replace batteries in pairs on diesels, because the old battery will drag the new one down to the condition of the old one.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 02:08 PM
Native Texan

Garage

Welcome to the nation. we only replace one battery at a time on our ambulances but on my personal truck I always do both. seen to many times where one goes bad and damages the other even if its not apparent at first.

Emiko Martin
Beloved Mother
1950 - 1993

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjctransport View Post
welcome to PSN.
it is best to replace batteries in pairs on diesels, because the old battery will drag the new one down to the condition of the old one.
I replaced both batteries. Tried again today. Removed hpop again just to make sure I didn’t forget anything.
Fmp normal
Flp 12 volts
Icp volts about .3 up to .5 when cranking
Icp n/a
Ipr 14.8 koeo
Ipr 84.7 while cranking
Sync good
I don’t know what else it could be. Might have to tow it to diesel mechanic this weekend. Really didn’t want to have to do that but I’ve done all I can do with my lack of knowledge of Diesel engines.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 02:45 AM
PSN intsigator

Welcome to the nation.

If you are saying your IPR is reading 84.7% then you have a helluva high pressure oil leak.

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavydoc View Post
Welcome to the nation.

If you are saying your IPR is reading 84.7% then you have a helluva high pressure oil leak.

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.
So I took it to the shop. The icp pressure is reading 300 to 350. The mechanic told me dummy plugs and stand pipes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode