Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

new to PSN

931 views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  SLC 7.3 
#1 ·
i am new here and hopin to get some tips and ideas on my early 99 powerstroke. I just purchased the truck and so far have sitting in my garage to go on it is, 3 pod pillar with boost pyro and fuel pressure guage, 6 pos TS chip, intake, 4 inch turbo back, and boost releif guage, oh and a 2 inch add a leaf leveling kit. Any tips on the install of any of these things would be great for this is my first powerstroke but i have been around plenty of diesels

#3 ·
:welcome: to PSN

#4 ·
Welcome to the Nation!:fordoval:

#7 ·
How about the tranny? (depending on how much you'd like to spend)You could look into an after-market valvebody first.

#9 ·
You didn't get the instructions?

#15 ·
Heres some good advice...leave the smoke part out of it.

#17 ·
Search this forumn for folks wantin SMOKE and you'll understand.Smoke gives diesels a bad name resulting in more wide spread emissions.Smoke is wasted fuel(or power).With proper tuning and proper set-up you will have less smoke and more power.
Smoke doesn't = Power

#18 ·
If your wanting more power i would look into upgrading your hpop. you can either go with a 17* out of a 99.5 to 03 or you could buy a performance hpop from one of our sponsor they have great products, check them out. you could also look into upgrading your pcm and injectors. it just all depends on how much your willing to spend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.