Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2006 f350 San diego

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Camacho 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2006 f350 super cab. Its all stock with roll up windows bench seats. Starting to upgrade and fix the little things slowly.

#8 ·
A little update since my last post. Got some Lariat interior from the junk yard to improve my ride, just need to get the truck back from the shop to install ?. Had a typical start when cold and won't start when warm. So I took it to the mechanic and we ran some air threw it and found a leak at the dummy plug and at the hpop. So got all that replaced with new valve cover gaskets and new valve cover bolts since two of mine had snapped off. Mechanic started it up, let it run for a good 20 minutes then turned off and started again. Started just fine. Then he went to take it for a test drive, where it shut off on him. He had to get it towed back to his yard. Now it won't start, just cranks. So I have to go stop by tomorrow and see what is going on. I knew these trucks are a handful, but dam haha. I need this thing fixed ASAP, tired of driving 2hrs in traffic to work while shifting. O well, I'll update tomorrow with some info.
Btw he are the seats ready to be installed.

Attachments

#10 ·
He had to get it towed back to his yard. Now it won't start, just cranks. So I have to go stop by tomorrow and see what is going on.
funny I thought the mechanic should figure it out no have you swing by to see whats going on LOL

#11 ·
Yeah not so nice in that regard. Maybe he's just swinging by to discuss what's happening next instead of a phone call?

#13 ·
Update.... Still do not have the truck. He put another pump and it started good. Idle for a good 20 minutes, then took it down the block and it died again. He is installing another pump today. It never had this symptoms before, just had the no start when oil was hot. Never shut off on me before. I don't know what he did. It's time to start looking for a diesel pro in San Diego.

#17 ·
Finally fixed the truck about a month ago. Turned out the threads on the block that hold the HPOP together were stripped and kept blowing the seals off. Finally got the leather seats installed and wired up. Also put in the new head unit. Next up is to get all the wiring to finish the power window and lock conversion.
https://www.amazon.com/clodraQ8FixHlink_copygXyWFHzig?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.