"new" to the nation and a few questions. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

"new" to the nation and a few questions.

not really new persay, i have been lurking around here for the last 3 or 4 years but dont post much. So HI to all of PSN! now i have some questions since it wouldnt let me post anywhere else.

I have an '06 6.0. I had some starting issues about a week ago. replaced one battery, still had trouble cranking. As the tractor was pulling me to the barn i finally got it cranked up, let it idle for an 20 min, drove and cranked fine until yesterday. Now no start just a "rrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnn" sound. I think its the starter but not sure. Don't know if these problems coincide but pretty sure they do. frustrating to say the least.

'94 iDi 7.3- SCLB - sold @ 275,000k still goin strong. old mexican owns her now
'99 SD 7.3 SCLB 6 spd - totalled
'06 SD 6.0- CCSB lariat- Stocker besides; Matt @ Gearhead, 4" MBRP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 06:47 PM
OBS Addict

Re: "new" to the nation and a few questions.

First things first. Just wondering. It says your join date was may 2009. So if you have been here for 3 years then that would make it year 2012

Also; are you saying it wouldnt let you post anywhere but in "new to the nation?"

Lastly for your problem; You only replaced one battery? Normally if the batteries were bought at the same time they should in theory go out at the same time. And did you test them both before you replaced? And what is the starter doing? Just making noises or is it trying to turn over?

-Jordan-
97 SCLB 7.3 Handshaker
Valair Clutch, only the best.
TS 6 Position Tyrant Tuning
S&B, MBRP, Isspro, Mag-Hytec, 1.00 A/R Exhaust housing, HPX
Full sound system: Kicker-Kenwood
BILLET BADGES
Dick Cepek DC-2's/Duratracs
On-Board Air
Few cosmetics
PSA # 269
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Join date for this particular screen name '09 but had another name for a different email. And yes when I tried to post in the 6.0 technical forum it said this action was not allowed....?? Never had trouble before but I guess due to inactivity they shut it down? I'm on here just about every lunch break or after work, I try to use the search as much as possible so I don't annoy anyone.

No I didn't test the batteries. But I did try to jump a buddy off a week before this happen, the battery that eventually was replaced, wouldn't pull enough to turn his truck over. As for the other battery, jumped it off lickity split. So I was inclined to believe the battery was bad. once I replaced it it started and ran fine until yesterday.

As soon as I turn the key, it makes a god awful sound. As I described before, haha.
All accessories work dash lights, ac, radio, trailer lights, running lights, etc

'94 iDi 7.3- SCLB - sold @ 275,000k still goin strong. old mexican owns her now
'99 SD 7.3 SCLB 6 spd - totalled
'06 SD 6.0- CCSB lariat- Stocker besides; Matt @ Gearhead, 4" MBRP

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 09:18 PM
OBS Addict

Hmm. Well if your lights and stuff all work then your batts and alternator are all good. IDE say starter.

-Jordan-
97 SCLB 7.3 Handshaker
Valair Clutch, only the best.
TS 6 Position Tyrant Tuning
S&B, MBRP, Isspro, Mag-Hytec, 1.00 A/R Exhaust housing, HPX
Full sound system: Kicker-Kenwood
BILLET BADGES
Dick Cepek DC-2's/Duratracs
On-Board Air
Few cosmetics
PSA # 269

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode